Thread: Units not viewable in Gear Equipment in Age of Empires Online

Units not viewable in Gear Equipment in Age of Empires Online

I was switching around my technology points to specialize in only some units, but when I go back to my gear hall to switch around the equipment, the units that I did choose in the capital are not viewable in the gear hall. I choose to just distribute my points towards range and cavalry units, thus not having infantry units. I am not unable to switch/see the equipment for my infantry units in the gear hall. I understand the reasoning, but I think all units' equipment should be viewable in the gear all regardless of whether or not I choose to have them. I want to be able to switch around my equipment more easily.

re: Units not viewable in Gear Equipment in Age of Empires Online

If the deactivate a unit in to tech tree all gear should automatically be removed from the unit and put into your warehouse. In some levels you have some starting units (like 10 hippikons) and if you have not researched them, you should get no bonus from gear. Another option is that you get the bonus from gear only, if you have researched that unit and have a way to remove gear from not researched units in the gear hall, but I would prefer the first method.

re: Units not viewable in Gear Equipment in Age of Empires Online

Having multiple specs pre-saved is very much like in WoW currently. With the talent trees, you can swap between two specs for free. If you need to recreate one of the specs you take a fee. This fee increases with each respect up to a max cost. If you don't recreate your spec in over a month, then the fee drops a denomination. It is possible to drop it back down to minimum cost having taken a long break from recreating your spec.

Re: Units not viewable in Gear Equipment in Age of Empires Online

I don't mind the current costs in AoEO. I, too, agree with the OP: it'd be nice to see the gear on all units regardless of having them or not. I also would like to be able to view my equipment from any city and while in a quest. It would make shopping easier in cities when comparing gear you have to gear you wants. It would also make cleaning your bags of loot easier while on the battlefield in a quest.