Thread: Getting Error message in Trade Chat channel in Age of Empires Online

Getting Error message in Trade Chat channel in Age of Empires Online

I don’t know why but I get "To type in this channel, change your chat channel settings". That’s the message appearing every time I try sending text in the trade channel. I don’t even receive the other player’s messages there. Things I have tried doing:

1. Right clicking the trade tab to change the settings - didn’t work because I can’t right-click the trade tab.
    2. Creating a new tab for the trade - worked, but I cant link items there. It says item links are only allowed in the trade channel.
    3. Restarting computer - didn’t work
    4. Typing /3 before message - didn’t work, same message showed up in red.
    5. Checked IME setting (i don’t even know what’s IME) - didn’t work
    6. Full Scan - didn’t work

Didn’t reinstall game yet. Please if anyone has any idea about this than provide me?

re: Getting Error message in Trade Chat channel in Age of Empires Online

I'm having the exact same problems as mentioned above. Somehow after the wipe. All my chat channels got disabled. Or wiped. So I'm not in any channel. Was wondering why nobody was chatting. Then I enabled the channels but found Trade is bugged. Can't link in trade. Can't even link in private whispers. Did almost everything you did above.

re: Getting Error message in Trade Chat channel in Age of Empires Online

I noticed that I can't right click options over the Trade Chat Tab. I was able to right click options over the General Chat Tab. Same as the Ticker. Can't right click on that. I get an error that says. Link items can only be done in Trade Chat. But I joined trade chat already. In the Trade Chat tab. I can't type anything. It says to type in this channel check your settings. I tried to even whisper to myself the linked items and it does not work either. Says linked items are only allowed in trade chat.

Re: Getting Error message in Trade Chat channel in Age of Empires Online

It solved the problem for many other players. It's not really your fault for not finding it on the forums. There are a lot of threads opened every day and the solution thread gets buried deeper and deeper in the forums day by day. I do hope this can serve as a future reference for players who experience the same bug, so I don't have to repeat this a few times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by AZUL View Post
    It solved the problem for many other players. It's not really your fault for not finding it on the forums. There are a lot of threads opened every day and the solution thread gets buried deeper and deeper in the forums day by day. I do hope this can serve as a future reference for players who experience the same bug, so I don't have to repeat this a few times a week.
    Eh? Where's the solution to this problem?

i am gettin the exact same peoblem with mine im not seeing anyone chat and i cant chat and im getting that red message chat works with other accounts on the game but just not on my main one i have contacted tech support saying what the problem is and they told me what to do and it doesnt work i think im going to get a refund or something because im not starting over again.

Quote Originally Posted by damienp1988 View Post
    i am gettin the exact same peoblem with mine im not seeing anyone chat and i cant chat and im getting that red message chat works with other accounts on the game but just not on my main one i have contacted tech support saying what the problem is and they told me what to do and it doesnt work i think im going to get a refund or something because im not starting over again.
    It seems that it is a game bug with some of the players, mine works flawlessly and I can even expand the trade chat window if I want to. Its like browser window, hover over the edges of it and you will see symbol that allows you to move it. I had this problem too, until out i could expand it and it was much better after that.