Thread: What is Equality between Premier players and Free players in Age of Empires Online

What is Equality between Premier players and Free players in Age of Empires Online

Anyone here have any idea about this? How have you made it equal between the free and premier players? If the premier players get a lot then that isn’t fair on the free players. Is there going to be like a color does denote premier players or something?

The concept of "try before you buy" has been around for decades. I personally like the concept. You've heard the saying "gun shy" before? anyone who's gone out and spent $40-$60 for a game only to find out it's nothing they expected or enjoy knows what I'm talking about. This way you try the full version of the game free, if you like it, buy it. If not, you didn't lose any money.

It should not be fair if I am paying and you are not I should have an upper hand. If you are worried about it then buy it and you have no worries. Simple fact: if you are playing for free, you cannot play ranked games. Plus, I doubt Premium players will play unranked games. And if they do, who cares? It's unranked.

Personally I'm not too thrilled about this payment model for the game. But it is the way things are going in the gaming world. I'm not going to fight it. I did try to fight it when games went from places like THE ZONE and P2P IP connection, and all it got me was out of the loop for awhile. I actually played WoW on a free server for a year before I finally decided, hey, you know what, this is worth paying to play, and I jumped in the real WoW world. When I think about it, instead of allowing free servers like Blizzard did, GPS is kind of following that in that they will allow you to wet your whistle.