Thread: Age of Empires Online: 200 Pop in 15 minute

Age of Empires Online: 200 Pop in 15 minute

Anyone have any idea about this? I mean how’s this possible? 200 Pop in 15 minute? If this is true than I also want to know how we can do this? Anybody here done it already? This is truly hard to do. Any hint about this? I search for this already but can’t get any hint about this. So please if anyone here has any idea about this than must reply me.

Re: Age of Empires Online: 200 Pop in 15 minute

Build cavalry, it brings you two to pop. On a shorter time than two regular units. And if you find a patch of water build a dock for tririemes which gives 3 to pop. Advance quickly and get the town centers up so you can spam villagers. And as stated before, use the right advisors. The one that reduces stone cost to TC is very useful in my opinion. Also the one that reduces food cost to units.

I just finished this. It's tricky and took a while, but here's my basic plan of attack: Immediately get econ upgrades after aging to age two, then just go straight to age 3 as fast as possible while maintaining constant vill production. During transition, gather a bunch of stone and wood. Get the three extra town centers up as soon as possible after aging, and get the econ upgrades for age 3. From here it's just a matter of having real good econ micro. Try to keep the 4 TCs busy producing villagers at all times, while gathering lots and lots and lots of wood. Make sure you don't get housed; try to keep steady production of houses going until you get to the build limit.

Don't know the exact number, but I had all TCs creating villagers just about constantly as soon as I got them up and running. Make sure you're using all the hotkeys and grouping town centers / military buildings to make your macro more efficient. If you're using the method I outlined above, you can pretty much just send villagers to wood and not worry about them after a while. I think you only need about one full gold mine worth of gold for a full population of Toxote, so that's easy to keep track of too. Just make sure you have enough villagers gathering food to keep constant vill production from all town centers, and not too much more than that.

The problem with cav is that it uses up food, which unless you got farms up early, means you have to choose between villager and cav production. I tried cav and failed each time, so I changed to Toxotes (I lacked some advisors that might have been able to help with the food cost, so maybe you can if you have them). I ended up making three different units to reach 200: Villagers, Toxotes, and Caravans.

As you age up, always keep a unit queued in market, archeries, and in age 3, TCs. Houses should always be queued up, as you should have plenty of wood cutters working (with more added to it from TCs). If there is some water, even make a dock or two and queue up a trireme or two if you can, just make sure there is room for it to spawn or else it will just cancel it when it finishes. It helps to ctrl group your archeries and TCs (and remember that Market is "M"), so you can always keep the unit production going. Do not be afraid to micro your production queues if you see a building with 3 units queued up, while another has none!