Thread: How to distribute Technology Point Distribution in Age of Empires Online

How to distribute Technology Point Distribution in Age of Empires Online

I have finally reached level 40 (thanks to rallying the temple) and now I want to focus on 1v1 PVP (since nobody does 2v2). How should I distribute my technology point distribution? I understand it varies by what strategy you're going to use, but I just wanted some advice or ideas on how everyone else distributes theirs.

Re: How to distribute Technology Point Distribution in Age of Empires Online

Storehouse tech is a must. Armory tech for critical hit is a must. These two star techs are the important ones for PvP. What makes you think no one does 2 v 2? I do 2 v 2 regularly. Ask a level 40 player to invite you to the channel for level 40 players and you'll be able to find or ask for a 2 v 2 games more easily. Archers and sarris are going to be needed too, since many players will rush on start.

That’s my build, based for PvP. It works pretty good on normal maps such as elite, even if i don’t have melee units i build walls, every time i advance when final rushes i build walls just to have an safer place to go if they have some units around there, but mostly i don’t need to pull back because i take peltasts archers and a lot of balistas. Sometimes i disable siege boats just to make my balistas run faster. However, you don’t have to use this build how it is, it’s just orientate, this build works pretty good for me and for now I wouldn’t change it.

well most players are cowards to play on water maps, i never played on water maps with pros because they always leave, on water maps against AI, i make archers to defend the sore until age 4, but most times i reach age 4 before the first attack of an elite AI, and i have the right time to make the first line of boats. Most times, a few seconds after i make the first boat they send an landing ship and half of times i have time to take it off sometimes not, while they land and move around the next ships are under way and i don’t give them time to touch my vills.

How much PvP games I played are without water; don’t know if random maps tend to be ground only, without water. If i get maps with water i find only small lakes where I can’t do anything. I asked a lot of players to play coastal maps and they never want, i assume they are hydrophobic or something, but if they implement maps for PvP based on islands ill simply make archers on the shores, as they have enough range to reach the boats if they attack the docks, until i reach age 4. Those ballista ships are beasts on range; they have a lot more range than the ground balistas.