Thread: Invading/defending etiquette in Empires & Allies Game

Invading/defending etiquette in Empires & Allies Game

So before I was active on these forums, I would invade with all my top units, didn't matter what was attacking or whatever. People off, understood. Now when I invade, I try to invade with minimal units possible, i.e. I have one raven vs. 4-5 tanks, or I go 1v1, 2v2, but apparently the matching is still bad people off, i.e. if they attack with 3, I bring 3 or less.

Re: Invading/defending etiquette in Empires & Allies Game

Actually there is no etiquette in invading. Depends some people want you to invade with 3 ravens and others want you to be easily repelled, while I have some neighbors that like mixed units. It doesn't really matter as long as you enjoy the game and not get irritated by it. Default You can actually keep clicking the invaded area as many times as you want until you get two of the same unit (two tanks, two men, two battleships, etc). Then attack them with one type of unit. I prefer when people invade me with 5 Ravens actually because they are easy to beat and offer up a lot of spoils.

If it's social, there are rules of behavior. So yes, there is invasion etiquette. Proper etiquette would be using the lightest touch (fewest single-class units or whatever is simplest to repel) unless otherwise instructed verbally or communicated through your opponent's own use of their forces.

If you're playing with too many people who have different styles of play and it becomes difficult to either discern or remember who prefers which behavior, it's much easier to stop ticking them off and either stop invading them or deneighbor them. Or keep behaving "badly" (in their eyes) and let them deneighbor you. Admittedly, that can be somewhat obnoxious if one or both of you are servicing government buildings. But in that case it's usually easy to send a message looking for clarification. And there will always be people that can't ever be pleased.

I run an undefended empire and currently level 54. I've gotten to the point that I don't really care what people attack me with or where. I'd prefer people stay on the main island, but it's no big deal.

I have removed 4 or 5 neighbors just for silly constant attacks using overpowered units for no reason. I keep everything unguarded on my empire. I don’t' care if you invade but please do it nicely. Some of the people I removed I was in their government. Attack the way your neighbor wants or don't attack at all. Otherwise you'll just get removed as a neighbor unless you have a strong government presence or a nice undefended empire to pillage.

I have removed 4 or 5 neighbors just for silly constant attacks using overpowered units for no reason. I keep everything unguarded on my empire. I don’t' care if you invade but please do it nicely. Some of the people I removed I was in their government. Attack the way your neighbor wants or don't attack at all. Otherwise you'll just get removed as a neighbor unless you have a strong government presence or a nice undefended empire to pillage.