Thread: No Advanced Graphics Setting in From Dust?

No Advanced Graphics Setting in From Dust?

Before this game I checked out all the minimum requirements of it so that I don’t regret later. I got all the minimum requirements. I got almost all of the recommended requirements too like RAM, CPU and GPU are also fine. So, I bought it so that when I actually play it I can alter the settings of in-game graphics and it would work fine. So, when I got the game I could not play it smoothly so I checked out the graphics options. And I was totally surprised to find that there are no damn graphics settings in the options. It just has resolution and refresh rate option for a game of such high-graphical intensity. Changing that dosen’t alter my fps one bit. I think this needs to be sorted asap. And anyone going to purchase this game doesn’t trust the recommended settings at all!

Re: No Advanced Graphics Setting in From Dust?

This game is not working for me too. Just can play 5 minutes into the game and it crashes. You are right, they should have options like altering Shadows, VSync, AA, and Antistropticflitering which really makes playing game smooth. The 30 Fps cap also is so annoying, hope there’s way we can report this to UbiSoft.

Since there’s no in-built options for graphics why don’t you try changing the graphics of your own card like the NVidia Control panel. Just set the Physx Controlling setting to your best video card if you have dual cards and also alter the setting towards quality and not performance. Let it be close to quality as that’s what the game requires. If you have dual card like in-built Intel card also change the setting of that to quality. It worked for me fine.

This is just typical of Ubisoft. The same thing happened with me. But, I am not gonna get a refund, I will just let that sting me so that it remember me never to buy one of Ubisoft’s game again ever.

It doesen’t work for me. Tried forcing the VSync off in my Nvidia and also altered other things to stop the lag, but it’s of no use. And I think we should not alter the main graphics setting for a game, the options must be available in the game itself. It’s just so stupid in part of Ubisoft to actually give think of not putting them in the game. I have a machine that runs Crysis 2 at 40 fps and the game dosen’t even give me 10 fps. I feel like I’ve wasted my money by buying this game. I will never buy any product from UbiSoft henceforth.

Ok, sorry it didn’t work. Was just trying to help as I feel the game’s working only for me. As, so many are facing problems with it.

I'm with everybody who posted above, save for Dual Processing Moneybags several messages above. From Dust is basically criminal, maybe even communist, in its graphic options. Sure, the concept behind the gameplay is incredible, and played on PS3 I'm sure it's a wonderful experience, but for all of us using our cheap personal computers, there should have been options for ALL of the following: Model detail, texture detail, AA, water effects (seriously, wtf?), foliage detail, and the special effects surrounding the Breath as well as the movement of the Breath. Both of these things lagged uncontrollably on my Windows 7 computer with a graphic card that handles other games that surpass this one in terms of physics and general interactivity (Half-Life 2 and Episodes, Halo, Silent Hill 3, Portal, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., etc.)

Bottom line, there was a good thought process behind this game, but I got to the third chapter and was so frustrated that all of the beautiful visuals in the world couldn't have kept me playing another minute. Unless you're running an Nvidia graphics card or the like, don't even bother buying it for PC.

ohmy Re: No Advanced Graphics Setting in From Dust?

Agreed, this is fairly ridiculous .... Ubisoft gives you the option to share your saved games to its server.... Hey that's great! Except that I've got a beefy desktop and a mid-rate laptop (with an ATI HD 5200) that I want to share my saves to. The game works great on my desktop, but I have no way to make the game remotely playable on my laptop... So yeah, nice job Ubi, you spent a bunch of development hours on a shared save feature that only works for people with more than one beefy expensive machine...

And here I thought Myst taught us that you didn't have to be elitist to be successful ... tsk tsk ....