Thread: Dust Game Setup Proxy due to no Internet connection

From Dust Game Setup Proxy due to no Internet connection

I just bought From Dust on Steam, and installed it successfully. Whenever I start to play it, it says that there is no internet connection, I do have internet connection with me. It just doesen’t detect it once I start. Anyways why does it need to connect to internet everytime for playing. It says me to setup a proxy. I don’t know how to setup a proxy. Can anyone help me setup that?

Re: Dust Game Setup Proxy due to no Internet connection

Seriously, why does the game need an internet connection? I pre-ordered this game in advanced and hoped I could play it when I don’t have an internet connection. And since it is a single player game I thought it wouldn’t require internet connection and I can play it while offline. But, that’s not the case as it keeps on asking me for connection with the internet. And I too cannot create the proxy it wants. I thought the problem was with the firewall/antivirus and tried disabling that as well for running the game but to no avail. I hope someone explains what the problem is with it.

The constant access to the internet is because of the DRM (Digital Rights) checking it has to do. But I feel tricked as nothing of this sort was mentioned on the site. I don’t have a stable internet connection, and they said that it is needed for just one-time activation and then no internet is needed. Now, I have to start internet every time I want to play the game.

I think the problem of proxy is due to your Internet Explorer. The download manager is pulling information from the IE, you will have to disable that using IE. Just open your IE the original browser not any other one will do and click Tools> Internet Options> Connections tab, click on LAN settings. After that just uncheck the Use proxy Info. button. I did just that and the download was fine and then I could run the game smoothly on my computer without asking for internet.

I had the same problem of setting up proxy everytime. I unchecked the proxy use button too, still no result. But I found the solution somewhere, you will have to delete “hosts” files from C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\