Thread: Getting error “Can't create sound device” when starting From Dust Game

Getting error “Can't create sound device” when starting From Dust Game

I have purchased this game from the steam yesterday when the game launched. I have downloaded the game yesterday itself. Installed the game successfully and also activated it over the uplay. But after everything while stating the From Dust Game. I can able to start the game. the game is giving me the error “Can’t create sound device ”. Does anyone face such a problem? What is the actual problem causing this? Can anyone provide me the solution to resolve this error? Help from anyone will be useful for me. Since I want to run the game.

Re: Getting error “Can't create sound device” when starting From Dust Game

I have purchased this game yesterday. I am really get disappointed by the game. Many of the people facing the problems while trying to run the game. The game is full of the errors. I haven’t faced the problem but the cause of the problem is actually the sound drivers. So go to the vendor site of the motherboard if you have inbuilt and if you have sound card then go to the sound card manufacturer site for the updates. Update the drivers and now run the game the game won’t cause the error again.

I am also having the game. Just downloaded and installed the game today. I heard about this error so for the preventive measures I have updated the sound drivers. But when I started the game I got the same error message saying can’t create sound device. So I have downgraded my drivers to older one. Don’t know what happens actually but the game works perfectly after installing the older driver. So if you have upgraded the drivers try to install the older drivers.

I am also facing the same problem of the error message can’t create sound drivers while trying to start the game. I have the sound card creative audigy SE. so I actually updated the drivers of the sound card but it won’t help me out. So I have switched to the integrated sound card. Make it as the default. And after that when I run the game it runs perfectly without any error. So the actual problem is that some of the sound cards are incompatible with the game itself.

I have From Dust but I am not facing such a problem while playing the game or starting the game. I think the actual reason for the problem is the confliction between the drivers. First thing you must know is that the windows installs its own drivers for any hardware. And if you also installed the driver which was provided to you. Then there can be problem of confliction between those two. So this can cause such a error message due to game cannot determine which to choose from. So will suggest you to try to remove the sound card drivers. Now go to the hardware monitor and check if the windows installed the default driver for your sound card if the drivers are installed by the windows itself then try to update those drivers through there only. it will resolves the error you are facing while starting the game .

I had the same problem and the game seems to have problems with some sound cards. (i have creative audigy SE).

My solution was to switch to my integrated sound card (make it default) and it works like a charm.

As he said it can be occur due to the multiple sound drivers installed for the same sound card. And can cause conflicts with it. Therefore it is not detected by the game and giving such a error message. Yes it can happen that there is some problem in game files which is giving the false message. So try to uninstall the game and reinstall and run the game again it will solve the problem if it happens due to the game corrupt files.