Thread: Guitar Hero III Legend of Rock not running in my PC??

Guitar Hero III Legend of Rock not running in my PC??

I bought Guitar Hero III Legend of Rock as a gift for my daughter. It is a PC version and when she tried to download it on our laptop it didn’t work. Our laptop is HP’s Pavilion zv5000 with Windows XP installed in it. I saw this game at her friend’s playstation and loved it. It worked perfectly there. I would really want this to play on my laptop, that would make my daughter really happy. I don’t know whether it’s a problem with the system’s configuration. Please do find a solution.

Re: Guitar Hero III Legend of Rock not running in my PC??

The system requirement for this game requires Dual Core processor with ATI Radeon 2600 or Nvidia Geforce 8800 card. It also requires 2GB RAM. I don’t think the game will work on your laptop since the graphics of the laptop are really low. You can try installing on a PC with the system requirement met or you can try returning the game. But I don’t think most stores will take returns for a PC game (because of piracy and other stuffs). So just try installing it on a PC, that’s the best option. Hope I have helped. I had a question whether any guitar controller is compatible with any Guitar Hero game??

Maybe you can try to lower the resolution or graphics. Running at lower graphics kills the magic of the game, maybe you can try running it at lower resolution keeping the graphics high. It might work. Don’t run it at 1680x1050 resolution or higher than that. But since you are running it on laptop it still might not work because laptops graphics cannot even handle low graphics. You should not play PC games on laptops instead you should install it on a PC. Have you tried it on Windows seven? It might work, but not sure. It works on Windows XP on my PC, so not a problem with XP.

It’s true you cannot play PC games on a laptop unless you have a gaming laptops like alienware. Its because laptops cannot be upgraded like PC so you cannot upgrade it for a game to work sadly. Aspyr, the company which created GH thinks that every user has a super PC and made an emulator that easily ports the game to PC. And Aspyr won’t refund your money if you want to return the game either. Regarding the question about the guitar, all GH games are compatible with most of the guitars available today.