Thread: Steam ping spike on windows 7

Steam ping spike on windows 7

This is very annoying I have recently learn the fun of playing games online when I visited my cousin a week ago before I never played any game online I use to play all my steam games locally but now then I have develop the taste of playing online I am getting trouble and I don’t really understand why this is happening. I am game freak but I don’t know anything about trouble shooting. I think it’s my operating system which is windows 7 because my cousin uses window Xp beside I am pretty sure that my internet I working pretty fine .

re: Steam ping spike on windows 7

Yes this is very annoying when you want to play on line and its stuck I use to play Heroes of Newerth but when I connected the game online its gives me problem on sound , graphic ,multiplayer etc . my FPS and pining si working fine but the game is lagging it would display the heroes moving jerkily around the map . it has glitchy nades that don't bounce smoothly and if I play sound the ping fall a bit , its like playing on a 33 tic server . None of this error will seems when locally played . I still dint got the solution

Its sometime happens when we play game online the issues like warping, skipping, and lagging while moving or viewing other players move. The basic issue is sound. I wasn’t knowing this at the first but when I Google my problem I found the way to check the issue is because of the sound or not,the ways to found this is just disable your sound device in Device Manager and then see if the lag persists .if it does persist than the issue is different if not the sound is the problem . I have tried installing 6 different audio drives but still not found any success. Does anybody had sorted this issue please give the solution .

I don’t know whether I was have the same problem or not but I also had same lagging problem when I use my multiplayer mode in my game. The somebody suggest me this solution. I did know what the cause of the problem is but apparent the guy who suggest me solution had already figure out the answer. First stop the Multimedia Class Scheduler services . go to run an type regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servi ces\Audiosrv in there you will see DependOnService in that just delete the line with MMCSS from the text box. Restart your pc . that would work .

That is great solution you have given but it would gives you some sound issue cause I have already used it so what I suggest this solution other way round solution for issue just leave the service enable and disable its network throttling component this solves my audio issue which was crackling, popping, stuttering, and skipping cause by delete the line with MMCSS .this is not a solution if you have any network issue its for only useful if your game is lagging because of sound problem

Re: Steam ping spike on windows 7

I also face the same problem of audio and done may experiments and reach. I had realtek audio driver and I also tried many different audio drivers from various driver site. Then I realize this issue only occurred when I try to play the game online so I thought it might be my networking issue and began my research on networking. But somehow I was unable to reach a proper solution but after applying you technique my entire problem goes away. Thank you very much for such wise troubleshooting