Thread: The Secret World: ARGs concept in Dungeons

The Secret World: ARGs concept in Dungeons

I really like the concept of ARG and I think will be a cool addition to the world of MMO, which said there is a big open question that would like to hear the views of the developers. The question is how ARGs in a group is supposed to work. What is supposed to happen the first time when no one knows the solution? Moreover, once the solution is generally know people will not want to wait for new people to work for themselves.

Re: The Secret World: ARGs concept in Dungeons

You can switch to a Web browser, solve the puzzle, and come back when you have the solution. In the context of the content is dependent on the group is problematic. Is supposed to solve it right then or is supposed to fix it after the dungeon and then run again? If the latter is the expectation that we will all fraps not to miss the clues? If your ex, then the enigma is a safe place is a problem. Rediscovering it in the trash cleaned up, while solving a puzzle is not a fun thing to do.

I want the game to have difficulty in the dungeons, such as Dungeons and Dragons Online. Possible types for me are Party Only small, medium game, and great party. Managers who have seen so far seem too difficult to handle alone, but what we saw was the game with many players. I do not think that would solve problems that are struggling to find a group of risk jail for second time to discuss a possible solution to a puzzle. It could be frustrating in cases where you do not want to know the solution to a puzzle before you enter a dungeon, but since they have difficulty finding other players who cannot go a second time to try, as I said, a possible solution.

I do not know how long you've been paying attention to the game, but if you have time you will know that there have been quite a few ARG. Lots of brainstorming and collaboration, and the argument and discussion, but it's certainly a lot of fun. The appearance of the group has proven to be a big problem so far, although when invoking the puzzle competition will be interesting faction. My prediction is espionage.

As for the arguments of the browser, I suspect that none of the really major "Go to a browser and use the Internet" will be such missions / quests dangerous area. I bet that's the kind of things you can go to a bar in the game with his cabal, and throw ideas around. I suspect that anything done in a dangerous place, not required browsers. It may require quick thinking and intelligence, but I doubt they want to find something, while in the middle of a dangerous area.

I do not think that the elements of research / puzzle should be in the dungeons. Unless one has solved the puzzle solving is simply not a social experience, especially if it's offside or searches research as the example in the tutorial of recent developments. When you go to a new dungeon and see one of these things, the group will not want to alt-tab the entire Internet and see if they can figure out the puzzle. They will want to continue with the dungeon.

STO uses a slider difficulty making some adjustments to the statistics and to allow others to damage long-term effects and more pronounced the death penalty. At the same time detect the size of your group and the scales of the enemies you will face accordingly. It works pretty well. Allows a variety of players to enjoy the content, as some death sentences, as some do not. And yes, you get better drops and rewards in higher difficulty levels.