Thread: How to force Brink Agents of Change for custom resolution

How to force Brink Agents of Change for custom resolution

A lot of people have been stating that they cannot run on a specific resolution in the game despite the fact that they are able to do it in other games. So I am here to know how i can do this. I know there are some ways to do this but I don’t know or I say I don’t have any idea how I can do this. So please, if anyone have any useful steps or any detailed information about to solve knows this, than please provide me. I really need of your useful response.

Re: How to force Brink Agents of Change for custom resolution

Here I have some steps which help to solve your problem. There is a way to manually force the game to use a custom resolution until you find a way to fix your problem either via graphic card driver update or game update.
    1. Navigate to your steam folder >...\Steam\userdata\...\22350\local\base
    2. Create a new file called:"autoexec.cfg" (note the file extension must be cfg). You can use a normal text editor to create such a file.
    3. Paste the following into the file:

• seta r_mode "-1"
      • seta r_fullscreen "1"
      • seta r_customWidth "1366"
      • seta r_customHeight "768"
      • seta r_aspectRatio "-1"
      • seta r_customAspectRatioH "16"
      • seta r_customAspectRatioV "9"
    4. Close the file and Save it
    5. Start Brink

It doesn't matter where the game is installed because the file that you need to create is in the userdata section of the Steam folder, that folder will exist regardless of where you have the game installed. Now you just have to find the steam folder on your computer and then navigate the correct folder. I am afraid that this will not fix your blue screen issue. By the looks of it you either need to update your graphic drivers or reinstall them. If you are getting the notorious Windows blue screen then this is most likely a driver problem.

I assume that you are using screens with the native resolution of 1920x1080 which means that in total your custom game screen resolution should be set to 5760x1080. If you are using the Bezel compensation then it should be 6124 by 1080. When you use the command to set fov in the game, and after testing it out in several values you see no apparent difference in your field of view then exit and re-launch the game to see if it made any difference. In theory you should obviously see when the fov is changed so try to fiddle with bigger or smaller values to produce a noticeable result.

I will give the Fov modification a try tonight. You are correct; the 6010x1080 is the bezel corrected resolution. I would imagine different monitors will have different bezel widths so this number will fluctuate. The nvidia control panel puts up an image of a straight road in between your monitors so you can line up the road to look like it goes straight through the bezels. Is there a way to adjust the FPS? My setup needs 120 fps to properly display 3D, and this game seems to be capped at 30 FPS.

What you are referring to is the Refresh rate and not FPS. If you have 3D able screens then you need to run them at 120 Refresh Rate and the screens should already be set to that value. The game isn't capped at 30 FPS unless you are running a dedicated server. You can check your in-game fps by writing the following into the developer console: com_showFPS. If you see your fps being low or capped then go to games options and turn off Vsync but remember that there's a difference between low and capped fps. If it ain't moving from a specific value then it is capped.

Make sure to give thanks to Liquidpinky who enlightened this thread. The 3D isn't working for you because the game doesn't support it. From what I know there are only a handful of 2011 games out there that do support it but Brink isn't one of them. Anyway, seeing how much trouble you had to go through to finally set your Resolution I have started working on a small application that anyone will be able to download to quickly change the resolution of the game without all the fuss. Seeing as how my time is limited at the moment it should be ready in a week.