Thread: Brink Agents of Change: Waiting For Host

Brink Agents of Change: Waiting For Host

Basically whenever I try to join a server that has people playing, I cannot connect. The game just says "Waiting for Host..." for a while before I get kicked back to the server browser. Today, in frustration I just started trying to join every server I saw and discovered that I can join servers that have no players on them just fine. As soon as I try to join a server with even one player on it however, I cannot connect. The first day I had the game I was able to connect and join servers with players just fine, but every day since then I've had this problem.

Re: Brink Agents of Change: Waiting For Host

I even have no Router or any Firewall on. Since the Game launched i played 3 times a multiplayer Game. I have got a similar problem. Whenever I try to connect to a MP server, dedicated or not, empty or not, my whole internet connection dies, which throws me back to the server list or main menu. I tried disabling uPnP, which did nothing. My DLink DIR-655 does not crash, it's more like my line desyncs. My ISP is T-Online by the way. So yeah, playing Brink in SP is rather, dull.

I got same problem. I am waiting for host. Internet crash for about 5 seconds. Happens all the time. Had one period where I verified game integrity yesterday and it worked, but now today I am back to same problem. Can't join any servers with people on. I thought I was the only one with that problem! It does come back after half a minute, but it still is very annoying, especially because it's not just local to my computer but the entire house!

Upon further testing I can confirm that I can join empty dedicated servers. The game keeps running fine even if other people connect after I'm on the server, well at least until some other bug crashes the game and I have to find a new empty server. I can join empty servers, but when I attempt to join a server with players, I am getting the same symptoms, and anyone else in the house cannot do anything internet related for 30-60 seconds.

Same exact problem, internet disconnects for 5-10 seconds, i find if i connect to several unpopulated servers i can sometimes get lucky and get into one with people in it. If I do get into a populated server, when the map changes i get waiting for host and kicked out again. I bought a hardcopy of the game not sure how much of a difference that makes, just checking if others bought it on dvd instead of d/ling it and are having the same issue.

I just got my hard copy in the mail today and I haven't been able to play a single round of multiplayer. I've done the suggested Port Forwarding, drop Firewall, and all that jazz, but I can't even get the "connecting..." screen. Whenever I click connects on the server browser, or double clicks, it does nothing. Same when I try to create my own non-solo game. I am very frustrated. While things always seem to go wrong when I try to play a new game on my PC, this is just ridiculous. I'm literally at a loss at what to do. It's like the PSN outage is coming back to haunt me through Brink PC.

I get kicked to server browser or connection timeout. Come on! lock those programmers in a room until they solve this issue. just tried to continually connect to a server for a full hour, nothing.
    1. verified the integrity of the game's cache - Did not help
    2. Re-installed the game - Did not help
    3. Tried a different network (using laptop) and it WORKED i was able to connect to 3 different servers on the first try.

So my conclusion is that my home router is the problem. I will disable uPnP when I get home as was suggested on some site.

Very strange is that i can connect to the first Server i choose, when i cut the modems power supply off and a couple of minutes later, again on. After i leave the server i have the same problem again. I have no router on when i try to connect servers. I think it has something to do with synchronization or so. But this cannot be the solution. Any other Game works in multiplayer with my modem. So i have to change the modem to play brink? I guess not. By the way i stopped playing Brink until this problem will be fixed. Game play is good but that does not count when i can’t play a MP Game.