Thread: where can I find Brink save game file

where can I find Brink save game file

I have purchased the game two weeks back. Now I need help regarding this game. I have lost my save game files while changing the game options. This happens when I added autoexec.cfg. when I launched the game the game starts from the beginning .So I completed the game once again. Now I want to change the option of the game using autoexec.cfg and don’t want to lost game files and characters again. So where are the save files stored for the game and the character? Please provide the location of the folder where its gets stored.

Re: where can I find Brink save game file

So you need the save game file location for Brink. Since the brink is the steamplay game and also uses steam cloud so all the save data will be stored in userdata folder itself. The profile data, character, progression and key binding are stored in this folder itself. The file location where the save games stored is steam location\userdata\username\22350\remote everything from charactors to game progression will be stored in this folder itself.

I have Brink installed it few days back on my system. When completed I have taken the backup of save game file and uninstalled the game to save the space. Then I have installed again yesterday itself. Before starting the game. I have placed the game save files in userdata folder. Then when I started the game. The save game files and character want gets loaded. The game forced me to create the character again and play from the beginning. I have overwritten the game .save files still this happen. So as my view backup doesn’t works for this game.

I also have Brink. So I want to give the other file location from where Brink uses resources while palying. Any files need for the brink to run are stored in \Steam\steamapps\common\brink folder or in C:\Users\Your windows username\AppData\Local\Splash Damage\Brink. The video settings are stored in Steam\userdata\YOUR#\22350\local\base. So take those folders backup also before doing any changes in game options.

I don’t know actually what the problem is. Forcing to start from the beginning can be happened still you have the save game file can be due to the timestamp. I am assuming that the steam cloud sync will be using new files only. So if the old file has the new timestamp on it then I think steam cloud will force it to be replaced with the new one. Therefore the game starts from the beginning. Steam will change the backup to the old date. So I suggest you to try to change the attribute of the backup file. You can do this using copy /b game. save +, , in the remote folder. This will make the same file with the creation date when the command was run.

If you are not confirmed about the locations and want to the specific path on the machine then user ctrl+alt+` and type one of the below given command in it. fs_basepath, fs_savepath, fs_userpath. The most important thing is user profile data which you have to keep in the backup, and I am recommending you to take the backup of the files before making any changes to the files in game. since the steam cloud will synchronize your damaged files also.

As you said I have used the backup the game data. After when I reinstalled the game and try to place the save game files again the bring installation ignored it. And forced me to start the game from the beginning. And same problem I faced few days back also when I applied the patch of the game. I think this is happening from the new patch itself. Since after when I applied the patch my character got deleted. I have old backup file of the game which I also tried to apply but it won’t help me out.