Thread: how to customize control in limbo

how to customize control in limbo

I have purchased limbo from steam when it launched. I liked the game. It’s one of the best puzzle game developed by playdead .only problem is with the controls. I am playing the game in default controls. And searching for changing the controls as I need but I can’t find anything in settings to change the controls as needed. Is there any way to change the controls of the game? If there is any solutions please post it here. It will be helpful.

Re: how to customize control in limbo

Yes I have also purchased this game. It’s one of the best unique and nice art games. I also want to change the controls for the game but can’t find any solution for it. There must be any solution for it. If the game doesn’t have in it there must be some file in it which is used to store the control so if anyone knows which file in game stores control setting. Please provide it.

Yes many of the users are searching for the solution to customize the controls of the game. Since in game it doesn’t provides any customization for controls. So I decided to search the file myself in game. I have gone in the limbo folder. Searched for the file I got file named settings.txt. This file actually has all the settings for the game it has also the options for customization. Which we can edit in the file. After editing you can save it. And now try to run the game. it will run with your custom controls. Its working in game.

As he said we can customize the controls using the settings.txt file. Settings .txt contains few option which we can customize. Using this file we can edit
    • user controls
    • vibrations
    • frame limit
    • Enable or disable 8 bit color depth.

Code looks like

Code:
    # User control settings #
    up = "UP"
    down = "DOWN"
    left = "LEFT"
    right = "RIGHT"
    action = "RCONTROL"
    #Remove the "#" char from the 4 lines below to enable wsad controls
    #up2 = "W"
    #down2 = "S"
    #left2 = "A"
    #right2 = "D"
    action2 = "LCONTROL"
    #Controller Vibration
    vibration = true
    # Limit the framerate to 30fps for a more framerate consistent experince on slow computers #
    use30hz = false
    # Use the 8bit color depth to slightly improve performance at the cost of image quality #
    use8bitrender = false
    In the above code you can do changes as you need. Try to do changes and run the game.

Yes the changing in the files makes changes in the game. I have changed those in the game and its works perfectly for me. If you want to change the controls you can change first two sections. Other are related to the game. You can change the vibration for controller you can enable or disable it. You can control the frame rate by making settings use30hz to true or false. If you want to improve the performance of the game than the quality then you can change the settings of use8bitrender to enable or disable. And after doing these changes you must have to save the file. If you failed to save the file it will not works. After it run the game you can get the changes done to it successfully.

Thanks for provide solution. It’s works perfectly. I have founded the file settings.txt in game location of limbo. I have changed custom controls. I have saved the file. And tried to run the game. The game runs perfectly with the customized controls. I haven’t touched any other setting in the file. Since those are related to the game graphics and performance. Again thanks for providing the file location.