Thread: Steam update is very annoying

Steam update is very annoying

What the hell is wrong with steam, every time I am start steam game there is an update request which I do and then after sometime when I restart the game again there another update is waiting for get download this is so annoying because it’s like they have ready to hit you with new update every 10 min now I am use slow rate of internet connections which is 15 kb a second and its almost unbearable to wait for the 40 mb update get downloaded

Re: Steam update is very annoying

This is ridicules acquisition that you’re making and I am not seeing any point in this come on. Now you are using game download services and complaining about the small download that is required to continue using this service because you r using the super slow download speed do you see anyone else have such kind of problem . I myself using this services and have no complain beside dose it ever come to your mind of using offline mode that would solve your problem in this way you can avoid your game connecting to internet

The type of connection you are using is way to slow as compare to today’s need this is probably why the updates are made accordingly. Using offline mode server connection won’t work that’s why it’s called as offline mode. 15kbps connection is certainly your problem as steam is the digital content distribution system. Its depend on internet to distribute their product to you and frequently update is the reality of this kind of system .it’s also beneficial to us . the only solution for your problem I see is buyong the game on physical media until you get better isp

I don’t understand what type of game your playing , because I have 368 kbps connection and I am damn sure it’s also a nightmare I don’t get ping of 10 and can’t play many online game all I can suggest you that set all the game that you currently not playing to do not automatically update this game . and as for your game that you playing just keep it up to date cause you cannot stop steam to keeping the game up-to-date as its their policy or if you want to play your game offline then you might better off buying the game form retailer

I got it from somewhere most of their update belongs to team fortress2 other then the fact its not important for the steam whether you have that game or not they must be made notice to that may of their customer get bother to download the update that not even effect there game they play , couldn’t steam just check what game dose people have and do the update according to that data cause the last update I had did nothing for me just the waste of my time. What update is good for some fraction of people is the pain for the remaining one

I also facing the same problem and support that steam should check the category of game that people have and provide the update according to that this will reduce the pressure of downloading unwanted download of up date. Gonna use one trick that I have read some where what you have to do is drag steam app to recycle but click no if its prompt to uninstall than go to ~/library/application support/steam and delete everything in their except steam folder now download steam again and install it this according to the post solve updating problem .