Thread: Online issue with Brink

sad Online issue with Brink

(Skip to number 2 if you don't want to read the whole story)

1. For some time ago, I got myself the video game: Brink, as I had been expecting for half a year. Then, I get the package with NO DLC (Fallout Pack). I complain (of course, I ordered from "Play.com" (not recommended)). After enjoing the repetive game (Whose I actually liked), and reaching lvl 20 with a character, and 12 with another, two months later I get the DLC. I really didn't have much time at that point, so I installed the DLC, and went on vacation. When I came back, I immideatly started playing Brink. All went well, until I one week later try to play the game again. It says I'll have to update Steam, and so I did. Strangely enough, the update uninstalls the launcher, making me unable to run Steam, so I decide to try and fix it by running the innstaller, and click "Repair". After I found out that it didn't work, and I was rather forced into uninnstalling Steam (Which also caused all my games on steam to be uninnstalled as well). So I innstall steam once again. After a slow update, Steam went normally (exept for that all the games were gone). So I install the game, and two days later I decide to play it, because I've heard that it was a DLC coming out soon. I start the game, and try to go online. I attempt to search for servers using the freeplay-thing... no results. After that, I try campaign online, which doesn't work either. After trying in any possible way that I can think of, I decided to check the forums. To my suprise, all of my stats are GONE (50 hours of gameplay ), exept for the one last match that I played.

2.So it seems the online mode(which is the only way you should play brink) is gone for me, as well as my stats. Do anyone know why I can't play online?

Re: Online issue with Brink

It might be the problem of online lag and for that reason you are getting this problem. You can try by enabling V-sync and then disable triple buffering from the video card control panel. I hope that this will be helpful to you.