Thread: Cannot upload custom spray Left 4 Dead 2

Cannot upload custom spray Left 4 Dead 2

I am trying to do upload the custom spray on l4d2 but having problem with that. All the times when I try to upload the unedited image then it shows me the message that says that dimensions for this is very big and I need to rescale that to 256, 128 etc pixels. After that I opened that with editor and then changed that to 256x256 and saved that. After that when I tried to do that then it shows me one popup that says image is corrupted. Please help me with this.

Re: Cannot upload custom spray Left 4 Dead 2

What is the editor that you used to rescale that image? I think that there might be some problem with the editor that you are using. It might be corrupting the image while resizing that. You can make use of some other photo editor to do the same and see if that is showing you the same problem again or not. Other than this, you should also check that you are saving the image in which format. Make sure that it should be saved in .jpg and not anything other than this.

Even if you have saved that in .jpg format then also it might not be proper JPEG format. I would like to tell you that there are two kinds of the JPEG files: JFIF JPEGs and EXIF JPEGs. Most of the programs do not care about JPEG format. They simply view the image. On other side with the source game, it will only take the JFIF JPEGs and if you are giving any other format then this will display you it as corrupted.

I would like to tell you that many of the JPEGs saved as of Photoshop or taken from the digital cameras are EXIF JPEGs format by default. If you have any such image and you open and crop that then it will be saved as JPEG. It will probably safeguard the JPEG's EXIF-ness. What you can do is, open the image by Microsoft image editor and then resize that according to your need and save that. See if you are getting the same with this edited image.

There is one trick for this that you can try with that. Just open the JPEG in preview and after that resize or crop this according to your need. After that save that as the PNG file and close that. Again open the PNG file that you have just saved and this time save it as JPEG file. I am not very sure about this as I have never done that. One of my friends told me that this will work and so I am suggest you this.

I wish that the above method will help you but if that fails to work then you might try zooming JPEG to definite size within Preview and after that take a screenshot for Preview document window. After that open PNG file and crop it if required and after that save it as JPEG. Screenshots will encompass color profile information attached that might induce Preview for saving it as a JFIF JPEG rand not the EXIF JPEG.