Thread: Is the Sims 3: Town Life Stuff not counted as a game disk?

Is the Sims 3: Town Life Stuff not counted as a game disk?

Ok this is something strange that has happened with the game. Well what I am saying is that I just installed the game in my system and on installing it I tried to run it. On running the launcher says that I require a CD to run the game. So I just want to know that is this game not considered as a game disc or something like that so that there is no use of the insertion of the CD to run this game. Well I never faced problems like these before and hence I am asking this with you all. do you all have faced any such kind of problems before then let me know about it. I am waiting for the necessary help from you all on this.

Re: Is the Sims 3: Town Life Stuff not counted as a game disk?

Are you talking about the digital download? If this is the problem with the digital download then it is very serious issue you should report this to the customer care people about this issue and most probably they will address you with the necessary suggestion. If you have inserted the physical copy of the game then what you have to do is run the CD and then get started. So tell me which if the two conditions is true with you. Mention me about the same. I will be able to help you with the same.

The thing is that I am having the physical disk and I had heard that after the recent update there is no requirement for the CD. So that’s what I was seeing if there was any CD or not. Anyways now you have said that then I will have to get started with the CD. So that’s what I am thinking here. Well I am waiting if there is any update on this that will make the game as a game disk. So that’s what I am thinking over here. lets wait for the next update, that’s what I am planning.

I cannot understand what kind of updates are you talking about. Well first I will advise you to check if the origins are updated i.e. EA download manager. Check that first and probably you will get some help from there. So that’s what I am saying here. then check if the game is updated or not? You need to look at that as well. So do check first if all these conditions are satisfied or not. So that’s what I want to say here. do have a look at the same and let me know if you got some changes in the playing of the game, do let me know about it as soon as possible.

Yes in my case it is toally true. I have done whatever you have specified here. still I am not able to get any kind of assisiatnce from anywhere, so what can be the problem here. will anyone tell me over here.

A few days ago one of my friends had come over me with the same problem. Well what I had suggested is that just try and download the latest patch that is available in the internet for the sims game an dwhile doing that do not make any changes to the necessary sims file. Otherwise the patch will not get installed and you will be facing with the problems like these. So do as what I have suggested you here. hopefully that will sort the issue out. So that’s what I want to say here. even you should try the same suggestion. The latest pacth is available in the internet and it is said that it will fix theprohblem that you are having with the game being a game CD. So do as what I have said here. hopefully that will be helpful for you.

Ok thanks for the necessary suggestion that you have given. I think before you had given the suggestion of the latest patch there were many other users who had said that the latest update did not solve the problem for them. Then how come the problem will be effective for me I cannot understand. So what do you have to say that the latest patch will fix the problem. So is that you are trying to say here. c’mon tell me. anyways I will try it and let you all know about it.