Thread: GPU usage is high while playing Duke Nukem Forever and FPS gets low

GPU usage is high while playing Duke Nukem Forever and FPS gets low

Hi guys I have recently installed Duke Nukem Forever game in my computer and overall I can play this game smoothly in my computer but some time I am experiencing one annoying problem with this game. When I start game at that it started normally and after that when I start playing the game at that time my GPU usage gets suddenly high and FPS gets low for some seconds and after that it comes back to the normal. This problem is very frustrating for me please suggest some solution for this.

Re: GPU usage is high while playing Duke Nukem Forever and FPS gets low

Well after reading your problem first of all I will suggest you to try to play this game in low resolution and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not. if your problem gets solved after changing the game resolution then It is good and if after doing this also if you are facing the same problem also then I think you should try to solve this issue by reinstalling the graphic driver in your computer.

I was also getting the similar issue with the game and after that I have turned off the steam overlay in the Steam setting and after that when I tried to play the game at that time I didn’t get any issue with the game. I think you should also try this trick and after that check whether it makes any difference or not. in my system I am not facing any low FPS issue with this game and that is why I have suggested you this solution.

I think you need to upgrade the graphic driver in your computer and after doing that you problem will get solved. If you want to download the latest graphic card driver for your system then you have to visit the graphic card manufacturer’s official site and after that check whether any updated graphic card drivers are available or not? if you get the drivers then download it and install it in your computer and if you don’t get then drivers then reinstall the graphic card drivers from driver CD.

After going through your above post I have tried to solve this problem by changing the resolution of Duke Nukem Forever and after changing the resolution when I tried to solve this issue at that time I didn’t get any help. Now after that I have also tried o solve this issue by reinstalling the Duke Nukem Forever game in my computer but after doing that also I am also getting the same problem with my system. Reinstalling the graphic card driver was also a waste of time.

According to me you have tom download the latest version of the direct X in your computer and after that you have to uninstall the previously installed version of direct X from your computer and after doing that you have to restart the computer and then install the new version of the direct X in your computer and then start the Duke Nukem Forever game in your computer. I think after installing the latest direct X in your computer game will start working normally.

In my computer I have tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the graphic driver but after doing that also I was getting the same problem with my system and after that I jhve also try to solve this issue by updating the graphic driver but that doesn’t make any difference. Now after that I have downloaded updated version of the Direct X in my computer and after that installed updated version o direct X in my computer and then all the things started working fine.