Thread: Panzer corps: Special skill of units

Panzer corps: Special skill of units

I have great effort to decide about getting Grenadiers otherwise Pioniers then I remembered that the Pioniers are ignoring fortification values. I am not sure I m able to recall all the special abilities of units and I haven’t found this information comprehensively listed, so hopefully this thread will help. If you have anything to share on this then please post that over here. I hope we will have a great discussion.

Re: Panzer corps: Special skill of units

You should not forget that fighters can also defend ground units as of air attack in the same way they protect bombers. And the "Prestige thing" regarding start bombers is that if you bomb a victory hex then your enemy loses prestige, they can also reduce cites and airfields leaving them unusable until an infantry unit moves in and "repairs them". They can also reduce the prestige of the enemy, if you bomb an opponent’s victory hex.

I am having fear that by these additional rule recons can turn out to be a serious pain in MP games. With their recon movement they can easily sneak to all kinds of places and if they also begin to evade your attacks. As for immunity to ambush, they already have it, just move in phases and you will never run into ambush. This costs you extra moves but this is exactly what makes the decision less uncomplicated.

Well as recon they should see this monster panther group coming their way and not just get slaughtered. Maybe only evasion ability against tanks and tracked AT (maybe discriminate by "tracked" units? would that leave out tracked art as well?), is that possible? So, there are ample ways to counter recons. Just not that tank group rushing in from 6 miles away in a massive dust cloud and that is surprising a recon unit.

All of the unit kinds are explained on the purchase screen. For example, what a fighter does, what artillery do. It does not go in to unit specific details such as bridges and engineers so does not give 10% of the info but a big part of it. Finding somewhere and some way to display this info would be good. It's just working out the best way to do it. It would make sense to have units abilities displayed in units stats page.

They can suppress enemy units like Artillery 1. They reduce enemy units ammo & fuel, not sure on the conditions. Stratbombers can render enemy cities and airfields useless for resupply and spawning units, until the enemy repairs them. They can also reduce the prestige of the enemy, if you bomb an opponent’s victory hex. They have an evasion probability when attacked.