Thread: Mass Effect giving low FPS on high system

Mass Effect giving low FPS on high system

I am avid gamer. I have problem with mass effect. I am getting very low frames up to 15 in Mass Effect game. Other games such as Crysis , Bioshock are running at smooth frame rate around 30 FPS as compare to this game. My computer system is compatible for playing these games. My system configuration is:

• Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Quad-Core Desktop Processor
    • Graphics Card: XFX HD-697A-CNFC Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit
    • Ram: G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
    • Operating System: Windows 7 OEM

Please provide me a solution how I can improve frames of mass effect.

Re: Mass Effect giving low FPS on high system

Hello, I am also playing mass effect game and it doesn’t give such a problem to me. My configuration is also lower as compare to you. Your system satisfies minimum system requirement of game. In above details you are not provided other details such as which version of game you are playing. Since mass effect has problem of low frames on some systems. For solving those issues they launched patch 1.02. This will solve the issue. So download patch 1.02 from game developer site bioware and apply it to game.

I am little bit strange that the game can’t run on such a configuration. If you updated game with patch as suggested above and still your system giving low frames. Check your graphics card drivers you said you have XFX Radeon HD 6970 which is good one. It uses AMDs GPU. Try to update the drivers of graphics card .download it form vendor site XFX or AMD. Then try to run game. Also I have other suggestion try to take game graphics settings to low. Try to lower Anti Aliasing setting. Since Anti Aliasing setting will drops system performance.

It can be also happen due to overheating of GPU. Check the temperature of GPU using GPUZ. It will show you temperature of graphics card or you can see it in AMD control panel. If temperature is high then try to clean your Graphics card and other hardware like CPU, Ram in system. Clean the fans of system so that correct air ventilation it may have dust on it. Clean it and check if temperature is in range. If it is in range run the game it will solve your issue. Also check that your system is hogging more resources since it will also cause slowness.