Thread: Cannot get full screen while playing age of empires in widescreen monitor

Cannot get full screen while playing age of empires in widescreen monitor

Hi guys I am very big fan of Age of empires game which I am playing from past two or more years. It is a very nice strategy game from Microsoft. Some days before I have purchased LG W2243T: 21.5-inch LCD Monitor which is wide screen. Now after connecting the monitor with my computer when I have tried to play that game in my computer at that time I was not able to play that game in full screen but it is showing me whole game in windows mode. Please tell me what I should do to solve this.

re: Cannot get full screen while playing age of empires in widescreen monitor

First of all I would like to tell you that you will be able to play your game in full screen mode by changing the resolution. Just open the game menu and after that select the graphic option and after that you have increase the resolution and after that you will be able to play the game in full screen mode. I hope after doing that you will be able to play the game in full screen mode. If you need any more information then please let me know.

If you are not able to play age of empires game in full screen mode then I think you should try to solve this problem by doing this trick. First you have to right click on the age of empires game icon and after that you have to click on the properties and after that you have to select the compatibility TAB and then you have to check the box of Run this program in compatibility of and from drop down list you have to select windows XP service pack 2 option and after that click on the OK. This will enable you to play game in full screen.

Did you try to solve this issue by downloading the updated graphic from internet and after that installing it in your computer? If you have not tried this yet then you have to first download the updated graphic driver from internet and after that you have to download that driver in your computer. I hope after installing the updated driver you will be able to solve this problem.

I am also playing age of empires in my computer and I have Samsung monitor and experiencing the same problem. Now I play age of empire game in window mode only but you can expand that video by putting cursor on the bottom right corner of game windows and hold that corner and after that you have to expand that window. Now after that you able to utilize almost whole screen in your computer. I think you should also try this trick.

Well I have tried to search the solution for your problem and after that came to know that Age of empire game will not run in full screen mode in widescreen monitors because this game has highest resolution of 1024x768 which will not allow you to play this game in full screen in wide screen monitors. I will suggest you to play the game in window mode only.

Re: Cannot get full screen while playing age of empires in widescreen monitor

I didn’t get full screen in age of empires in system and I have tried to solve this issue by downloading the updated drivers in my system but after installing the updated drivers also it didn’t make any difference. Now after that I have tried to run the game in window mode and after that I have tried to expand the video as you have said in your post. Now I am running the age of empires in window mode. Thank you for helping me.