Thread: Unable to update Steam

Unable to update Steam

Well all the users of this particular forum has helped me to fix the matter of mine. I have got an issue while updating Steam on the computer of mine. I am unable to figure out why this particular issue is happening on the computer of mine. I am waiting for the prompt relies on this particular matter. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to update Steam

In order to figure out the root cause of the problem I wanted to know the answer of the below mentioned questions. Which operating system so you have installed on the computer? Tell me about the hardware configuration of the computer which you are using. Do you have installed any antivirus program or Firewall do you have installed on the computer? Answer the above mentioned questions as early as possible.

I think it is a universal problem as far as updating of the Steam is concerned. Well I recommend that you should simply delete ClientRegistry.blob from the computer of yours. you have to move for the directory where you have installed Steam on the computer and search for the above mentioned file. Once you have found the same you have to delete the same and then you should restart Steam and then you should try to update the steam and see whether it is wrong or not.

I am suggesting that you should boot your computer into safe mode with networking to update the Steam on the computer.
    • You have to restart the computer and then press F8 from the keyboard.
    • You have to select Safe Mode with networking by using the arrow key and press enter.
    • Once the computer is booted into safe mode you have to try to update Steam on the computer and see whether it is working or not.

Well looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I am suspecting that there is an issue with Firewall which you have installed on the computer. You have to disable the Firewall on the temporary basis and simply try to update the Steam on the computer. If you have managed to fix the matter then you have to configure the firewall so that you will be able to resolve the matter of yours.

Well I think you have to reinstall Steam on the computer of yours and see whether it is working or not. If you have not resolved the issue after reinstalling the Steam then you have to contact the developer and file a bug report to them. The developer would work on the issue and release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter of yours.