Thread: Steam Games Extra copies policy needs to be changed

Steam Games Extra copies policy needs to be changed

Although my experience is true that the cheap end of the scale, can be applied to more expensive packages as well. I bought GTA: San Andreas several months ago on sale for $ 3.74. I never got to install it. Well, this weekend had the classic GTA package for $ 8.39. When I went to gave me a warning not to give me another copy of San Andreas. Do not return the original GTA: although never installed. No individual would gift me GTA: SA package: it was all or nothing. Anyway, I think the easiest way to correct this problem is to have the option of gift items in a single package, especially since some packets may be quite extensive, and it is likely that the buyer has some of the games already. in this manner I brought games like call of duty, crisis, fear 2,counter strike and many others.

Re: Steam Games Extra copies policy needs to be changed

You cannot reward sets with the intention of were previously purchased on your Steam account to friends. Make the subsidy if the game has not been installed / "on", however, is still capable of making the gift condition. Even put a time limit if necessary. But the way that only completely empties all the additional licenses of games that are not of the valve at this point is simply fool. It's rude. It's disrespectful.

Let me present an argument why we should change. I go to the store, but a game, and months later buying another copy. This is independent of prices, and apart from any outside circumstances, the question is, and should only be 2 copies of the game. Therefore, water vapor, payment of 2 copies, and finish with 1. At the store, I bought 2 and finished with 2 copies.From the standpoint dev / editor I'm paying for your game, give them your money due, and honestly to another person would be playing his game and could buy the follow-up / prequel, and I enjoy it, and tell others who were most important more copies. From the viewpoint of vapor, which must be understood as a store, I am a customer at the store buying more than one because there is a sale, I have at the counter and say "sorry sir, the farmer said he just can have one, and not, will not be any money.

People are allowed to copy gift, as they are motionless thoughts about games as physical goods, other than it is more correct to think of them as licenses we will use the license most well-known of all: James Bond license to take life. They speak he has a certify to kill Angst and Dsn - analogous to licensing Steam games on your own. He receives a original mission, which gives a load of extra license to kill. The pay for of the similar certifies that does not anything new, since it already owns.

Not accurately. If you contain Portal, and subsequently go away buy Orange Box, they at a halt have only solitary copy of Portal - Orange pack uses a CD input for every games. Consequently if not you make active it on an additional account, you end up with a copy, but believed that his thinking bought two. That's why the orange box is cheap. Also find a store that makes it as great as vapor package deals, especially for joint editorial catalogs.

It was a high-quality correspondence, immediately do not wish to understand and desire to remain stubborn. In addition to indeed with a minor, is becoming impracticable to give away or sell all the necessities online activation. Keep in mind, when you pay money for a game, never really procure the game. You buy the freedom to play, provided they fulfill with the license agreement. Even with a retail CD.

There are rejection high-quality analogies; since it is a novel method of doing commerce is only probable with digital content. individual, non-transferable licenses. Expect the similar to happen with movies, eBooks’, music, television, and all you can sell digital content. The question is, will consumers go for it The preliminary conclusion on the basis of vapor, yes, but there is a feeling of being cheated. The follow-up question would be whether that effect will erode, once you get used to a new era because we're still doing good business.