Thread: Steam's New Competitor: EA's Origin Store and Platform

Steam's New Competitor: EA's Origin Store and Platform

Anyone know about this? If people thought that Steam was terrible, just wait until EA begins throwing its burden around. The just great that arrives from this is of course more opposition, but at the rate of limiting EA games on Steam. What you all guys say about this? What’s your opinion about this? I mean what you thought about this? Please let me know if anyone here gets any news or any updates about this.

Re: Steam's New Competitor: EA's Origin Store and Platform

There's bounty of fallacy regarding the whole thing all over. If the odium for Steam outside its community were as huge as you say, I would have heard of it. The abhorrence for Microsoft is obvious in places external its fanbase, for example. The similar for the Star Wars prequels or Rob Lie field. My point is that, for each one of those, the abhorrence is huge sufficient to be seen ubiquitously. It isn't the case for Steam; the disgust for it outside the site is quite much the similar as inside.

You know the actual trouble? Every service has its personal contact list, its personal social community, its individual features. I do not wish so many clients running on my computer. Disintegration is previously the huge weak point of the PC gaming market, and this is just going to build it inferior. The majority of us build with steam because it's the one service which places the whole thing - and everybody together.

Are they going to vend other publisher's games? If not this actually isn't news as EA has had a digital sharing platform as 2005. It's distorted names, UI, and functionality but EA has had the social characteristics and even a game cover UI much like Steam's for some time. If they are going to vend games except only EA titles I am all for it. Have had no difficulty utilizing EA's download client through the years and rivalry is all the time great for the consumer. Digital PC game distribution is truly getting well for PC gamers.

The main dissimilarity is that Valve's games don't have local restrictions. Aside from a few restriction in a pair of games (for which a few countries' laws are to guilt), you can acquire the games anywhere in the earth. Not so for EA. Actually, Steam is the just online amass I can buy EA games from, and not even all of them. Not to state the regional pricing trouble, in which a few games are as a minimum $20 to 30 superior in the majority countries than they are in the US. EA as well has regional restriction in their EA store, there's entirely no reason to believe they are going to alter their policy.

This is my main terror regarding DD services. While each publisher needs to proffer elites you will see a cascade effect. We are previously started to see where this is going. We have Steam for Valve, desire for Stardock, Battlenet for Blizzard, Uplay for Ubisoft and GFWL for Microsoft. Source for EA could be single catalyst which makes a wave of "publisher isolationism" mainly if they utilize BF3. The typical gamer will require 6 to 7 accounts.

Maybe Valve will in fact be aggravated by this to actually begin fixing the huge pile of Steam bugs and glitches in an opportune fashion. Not to say that Valve is indolent, but they are surly not treating Steam in addition to they should be considering how precious of a platform it is. They should truly focus on making it as none infuriating as probable to stop users switching one time these opponent services start going up.