Thread: Unable to Launch games on Steam and getting Error "Bad field - extends past end of blob"

Unable to Launch games on Steam and getting Error "Bad field - extends past end of blob"

Hello everyone, here I got some weird problem with my Steam whenever I try to launch any game on my steam I used to get an error message "Bad field - extends past end of blob" and after that not even the game starts and not any further notification on this error. So what is this whole problem is about, as because day before yesterday all thing are going just fine but don’t what happen from tomorrow onwards I started getting this and now I am unable to play any game, So please if someone know about solving this error then help out to get rid of this. Thanks in advance

Re: Unable to Launch games on Steam and getting Error "Bad field - extends past end of blob"

Yeah this is error which many user is getting and the it is not just this much the whole error is "Steam.exe (main exception): CMultiFieldBlob(pSerialized):" Bad field - extends past end of blob and I think it is due to the latest update on Steam, as I am not sure about this but just before one day all thing are find and now just after updates this crash has started happening.

Re: Unable to Launch games on Steam and getting Error "Bad field - extends past end of blob"

As I don’t know much about the emergence of error, but it can be possible it is happening because of the latest update and I had figure about this and also found the solution to this for fixing this bugs first you have t exit from the Steam completely and then move to your system installation directory i.e., (C:\Program Files\Steam\ by default.) and erase all the thing which are there just left ( steam.exe and steam appp directory ) and then reboot your system to see if still you are getting the same error and tell about the result in your next post.

The above solution is effective and even I had got the same error while launching games in my Steam and for that my friend had suggest me a trick, which is bit different from the above, so if in the case the above trick don’t work fro then try this one: first you have to exit from Steam and normal step toward User in the system folder (Users or may be username/Library/Application Support/Steam by default.) and delete all the thing from there don’t leave anything behind and if after deleting those they are there in your recycle bin then remove it from there, and then launch the Steam.app from the Dock or Applications Folder.

As for the your information guys this error doesn’t occurring because of the latest updates this is because of corrupt ClientRegistry.blob file and normally occur due to the accidental Shut down of Steam and is usually happen due to a crash or something due to the Steam.exe procedure was killed prior to Steam ended writing to the file.

This error also occurs many times due to updates problem and unconditional shut down and this error can be avoids by permitting Steam to completely exits by selecting the Steam and then exit or by even by right clicking on the Icon of steam on the system tray and the simply click on Exit instead of forcing the ongoing process to finish. I hope this information will help to. And if you still have any further doubt then feel free to ask me or any other and we will surely help you.