Thread: Does Civilization 5 works nice on Mac system

Does Civilization 5 works nice on Mac system

For those who have had the opportunity to play a bit, how is the performance of Civ Aspyr 5 slot OSX? It is 5 to 10% slower than Windows all the way through bootcamp, or there is a superior dissimilarity within performance (as a number of have had through Starcraft 2)? In addition, for those all the way through high-end systems that are able to get Civ 5 to be as pretty as bootcamp in OSX, does it appear that a number of give up were made in the direction of bear on its belongings DirectX to OpenGL? Better yet, does it seem that the 10/11 DX effects that made the implementation of OpenGL OSX or too hard to say.

Re: Does Civilization 5 works nice on Mac system

I cannot match up to during the version of bootcamp on the similar machine, however I just install the most up-to-date MacBook Air (11 "screen, 2 GB RAM). And it’s working essentially well at full resolution of the particulars and extremely fog of war. It’s Skippy sometimes (which is the version of Windows and all games of civilization at a time), and the introduction video does not load at all (I guess that will have a easy solution, and the audio is there, but not video).

Unhappily, it is approximately unplayable to me. That was working fine in bootcamp, but in OS X after regarding 100 laps gets very agitated to the point where the game is more annoying than fun. Optimistically this will be fixed over time, since it has eliminated the Bootcamp partition, hoping that he would have the similar recital. Indicating performance difficulty, however not provide the specifications of the system are useful.

Do not play the videos and crashed in the first race), and all the background settings to be played, however the last game within a normal size map actually slows down. I have not up till now tried Windoze, however I'm thinking this is a sloppy port. You cannot obtain it to run on top of my Mac Pro 2006 with a 8800 GT. Having said all that, Play Steam is fair, and I know there are future updates. I'm glad this is Aspire and not another victim of TransGaming! (Although at least that we will find a patch before.)

I'm running a 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac through 4 GB of RAM and a Radeon 4850. I'm running Leopard and Windows Vista on top of Bootcamp and the game runs a great deal superior on top of Windows I'm frightened to articulate. With the game settings in the chart in "default" I have a combo of "high" and "medium" setting up Windows on OS X, but these are at "medium" and "low". As is the moment I'm going to be running the version of Windows.