Thread: Ports forwarding for Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Ports forwarding for Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Recently I have installed the Microsoft Flight Simulator X on my gaming computer. However my computer is right now behind the linksys router. I can play the game in offline mode but when I try to connect to the online server it is just rejecting me. So what I want to know is what ports and how do I place into the ports intended for FSX to work correctly? How to get into the router for this and where to do this task?

Re: Ports forwarding for Microsoft Flight Simulator X

If you are not using the Windows Firewall program, you can at rest open the ports that are utilized via Flight Simulator X while you arrange the network. Port forwarding should be enabled on top of the UDP ports are within the range otherwise that 2300 toward 2400 from the router toward the PC that is hosting the game. Incoming as well as outgoing traffic should be configured in support of the following GameSpy ports:
    • 6667 (IRC)
    • 27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
    • 28900 (Master Server List Request)
    • 29900 (GP Connection Manager)
    • 29901 (GP Search Manager)
    • 13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
    • 6515 (UDP Dplay)
    • 6500 (Query Port)

With wireless you have to activate the release / forwarding in the router as a rule, if not already set. Could of course also be a router that has something not at first be set, therefore, that is, automatically forwards everything? So that all ports are open and direct, but one could allow bad people just to judge a look to the network.

This issue is usually through the firewall. This leaves only a number of programs available. You now have two ways, first way is to take off, or do the following:
    • You go to Start (in Windows Vista and Windows 7 is that the icon)
    • You type in "Firewall" and then you look for the category 'Control Panel'
    • There must, as it is all important, "a program through Windows Firewall", click it.
    • You will see a long list of many different programs, and if it is Home / Work (Private) and Public
    • Then click on Change Settings. Now each box with a "true mark" appears in black.
    • You then search: "samp-server.exe". There should be as well, the boxes are empty.
    • Click on the box in Home / Work (Private) and Public. Do it for all samp-server.exe
    • Then click OK.

The Linksys WRT54G port forwarding options can be found on the "Applications & Gaming". As you can see not every router uses the same terminology. In a SMC Barricade router port forwarding again find under the title "Virtual Server". In any event, the various menus in the router look similar. However in your case I don’t think that it is about the port forwarding. The issue is might about something different. You should check on that first before going for port forwarding.

What he is telling is true. You should really try the game by the direct connection. What I mean is you should give the direct connection to the computer. Just get rid of the router and try the direct connection. If the game is connection properly then assume that there is nothing wrong with your computer as well as the game. The issue is must about the router itself. If the portwarding things don’t work for you then you should try resetting the router. It may help you to revert back to the normal position.