Thread: Black borders in Alice Madness Returns

Black borders in Alice Madness Returns

I realized that I have very big black borders at the two side of the screen i.e the top and bottom of the screen and these black borders obtain up to half of the screen, the disappears after some time and suddenly stopped supporting 5:04 resolutions. What is all this going on can anyone of you tell me? This also accorded when I use to play Witcher 2. And because if this I had to give up the Witcher 2 game.

Re: Black borders in Alice Madness Returns

Amazing I also had posted one of the similar kind of post in some other forum but dint get the reply so I had to delete it. Let’s see what happens over here. When I got there similar kind of error I switched the game to the window mode and saw that the BB disappeared. So I can to conclusion that the game is of 16:9 technically because it will work only at the 1280*720 resolution and not other. So get the suitable monitor for it.

Yes you are facing the same problem as I am facing. I do not play the EA sports Alice but I do play the witcher 2. I just play the Alice occasionally once in the blue moon day and it is nice game I wouls tell but Witcher 2 catches my eyes more. I would like to tell you there is no solution for your problem but just keep waiting. You have to wait till the EA releases the patch for the game which can support 5:4 resolutions. Best of luck.

I contain BB too, but fortunately did not bother me, for what i cover erudite to exist with him. The controls however formulate me to murder myself with sometimes. I'm not accustomed to using these keys, and somehow at all times handle to hit the incorrect when playing combat fight! So just try to avoid them as you do not have any other solutions for it and try to adjust yourself with the black borders.

Actually you know what guys I feel that the people over there who make the game act some time as a noob. For example consider that if there are 10 people using the 16:9 resolution then there will be 100 using the resolution of 16:10(of computer) than why that Dum guys release the game for that 10 guys instead of the 100. This completely crosses my mind. And after releasing they will sit and try to fix it so that it can work in the computer too! Keep it simple silly!

Yes I completely agree with you all guys that they are not keeping the things simple. They have habit of keeping all things complex and then make it simple afterwards. But for now I also have to get the habit of playing and staying with the irritating black borders. And also wait till the silly friends of release its patch which can help me out and all the others who are playing with the irritating black borders.