Thread: FEAR 3: Will Day 1 studios save the franchise or damage it

FEAR 3: Will Day 1 studios save the franchise or damage it

I won't lie, I liked F.E.A.R. 2. It had great atmosphere and a few great scares, even though not as impactful as F.E.A.R. 1, I at a standstill loved it. But from what I see with F.3.A.R, it just doesn't consider like the series I knew, it feels like it stencil the whole thing from the franchise apart from the telepathic stuff. The entire Armacham conspiracies made F.E.A.R. extremely original, with the mixed horror and the whole thing, but with John Carpenter and Steve Niles, is it just going to be a chestnut paranormal flick? It seems so radically dissimilar from the first 2 games that I am a quite frightened to purchase it this close to release, especially with a dissimilar dev behind the wheel. What do you guys think?

Re: FEAR 3: Will Day 1 studios save the franchise or damage it

I think they are going to do a great job; the footage we have seen up to now looks to strengthen that. Kind of tough to make any choice on the matter however, considering we haven't even gotten the last project yet. As well we have not seen much of the game recently; this is both a great and a bad thing. Bad because I want to see more things! Good because while they were talking about FEAR 2 there lots of previews gave away a group of scares. Anyway know I feel great about this game seeming well so far the little we have seen, not certain what you feel is missing but we shall see while it emerges.

They have in fact upped the bet concerning the 'science-literature part of the series. The Phase-Troopers are Armacham militia who can teleport and pass using solid material with the help of technology, and Replicas are someway able to work next to the armed force. The Bridge level is as well bring in by having the two brothers be part of a navy of huge flying 'pods' The Ides of March trailer illustrates a very innovative helicopter that the Point Man is piloting.

I do like to make up that Monolith had as a minimum a basic plot-line written down for F.E.A.R. 3. However, the majority of the dialogue, descriptions and themes in FEAR 3 will be Niles's liability. I am not too well-known with either his work or John Carpenter's, so with any luck I won't be unjust regarding assessing his scripting. According to Niles, FEAR 3's plot will focus greatly on the significance of family. The monstrous Wade blood-line should be worried. Yet, to me, it looks like Alma's become more sin. I don’t know, I would be let down if it turned out that she did not heed for Becket.

It's tough to say. I would be deceitful if I said I weren't a little worried. I think FEAR 3 will be well; my guess is that Monolith did the excellent thing and passed FEAR onto somebody else. Because FEAR necessitates a fresh jab to move it on up to the next level and it previously seems a far superior game than the 2nd. I necessitate doing a few serious killing, I am looking forward to blasting around like a crazy swearing my head off, like I utilized to in the 1st FEAR, so bring it on.

I don't even think it could be terrible. Not that I am willing to say "oh my god it will shove the boundaries of astonishing" but that its inferior end expectations, based merely on what we have seen up to now in trailers/gameplay videos, looks to be quite high. Judged merely by it, I don't think it will be anything below 'mediocre' in game play value, but my own take on that is "even if I wedged at it, it's at a standstill going to be amusing" so, take that as you will.