Thread: The elder scrolls: What is Ald-Ruhn Invasion?

The elder scrolls: What is Ald-Ruhn Invasion?

About the said invasion someone point me to a topic we had here long while back about it? or maybe someone can just fill me in on some details, maybe answer some question. Questions like, who, when and such and such. I am thinking of maybe writing a short, or maybe longer fan faction about it and i want information about anything that has to do with it, more information the better. Thanks in advance

Re: The elder scrolls: What is Ald-Ruhn Invasion?

It could have hypothetically happened at any given time between the assassination of Uriel Septim and the Apotheosis of Martin Septim. More than likely, at around the same time as Kvatch or Bruma. I get the impression that Mehrunes Dagon or at least his top generals would strategically plan simultaneous military offenses to catch the mortals off guard and minimize their chances for reinforcements of any kind. It's an old military strategy often used in the real world and Mehrunes Dagon is the closest being to the God of War on the Daedeic pantheon with the exceptions of Boethiah and Malacath.

I would assume that Mankar Camoran was the command of Daedric forces, and that the Mythic Dawn were officers. Jearl's orders and the dialogue of the Altmer you have to work with in Paradise seem to suggest this. And if it's true, then I'd imagine that Mankar was using some of his father's tactics. He would have had more than one target, and would have had the means to take them on at the same time. So, the siege of Ald'ruhn was probably at about the same time as Kvatch.

The Telvanni were stated to be struggling to keep the gates shut, Redoran was stated to be besieged by the Nords, and Vivec rumoured to be taken by the daedra I wonder if MK read anything into that. He wasn't so much pulling stuff out of his ass, he was simply illustrating what we all know would have happened but couldn't see. Its plausible, and there's nothing in the games to say it didn't happen, so you can't really claim it didn't happen. He wrote Knights of The Nine after leaving as well I don't see why his not being paid for his doodling should make it any less valid.

If they know thet heir to the throne is somewhere in the Imperial province, why would they not simply focus there? Morrowind is far away and the heir wouldn't have been able to get there anyway. Also, it seems a bit stupid to me to attack Kvatch first. Sure, it was where Martin was, but surely it would have made more sense to attack from the heart of the Empire - the Imperial City. That way, they could have spread out all across Cyrodiil eventually and soon killed off the heir, and there would have been no chance of lighting the Dragon Fires as that area would have been heavily occupied and destroyed by the Daedric forces.

Dagon wishes to retake Tamriel as a whole, killing Martin is just a means to stop the gates from closing. Morrowind probably has the largest army outside the legions, they, with their telvanni magelords and Redoran soldiers, not to mention the fanatical troops of Indoril, represent a major military threat to the daedra. And they didn't attack Kvatch first. The Dawn attacked the imperial city first, to kill the emperor and allow the gates to open. With the emperor and his other heirs dead, the most tactical decision would be to move on to the next city that bears the last dragon blood, and that means Kvatch. Kvatch is also a big you to Akatosh, it has morale wrecking value, kind of like kidnapping Vivec and smashing Ghostgate.