Thread: The elder Scrolls: Crisis Analysis on the State of Cyrodiil

The elder Scrolls: Crisis Analysis on the State of Cyrodiil

I would argue it if the only info was from books. Unforunately, Oblivion ruined Cyrodiil and fated it to be what you describe. But, I wouldn't say the other provinces are better. If the TES series keeps on it's road to clichedom and no detail, expect to see the other provinces neutered as well. Therefor I think it is not at all unlikely that Helseth, not only will NOT rebel or succeed, but attempt to bring the Eastern Legions into a New Morrowind and separate himself from the crumbling Empire.

Re: The elder Scrolls: Crisis Analysis on the State of Cyrodiil

Even so, moral high ground in terms of respect for the empire is valuable until you have yourself in position. If another duchy or barony nearby is sympathetic to the empire you'd have a free ally until the levee breaks. The tribute though, if you are half clever, can be shuffled under the table by corrupt means during the confusion. The central power doesn't exactly have leverage at that point.

I agree with this idea. From an in-game perspective(Oblivion vs Morrowind) it is obvious that the legions have become separate entities. It's more than they simply look different, they have completely different goals. One polices the lands, the other is a ever present fortified military force. Also because they draw on locals for their forces, making the legions less a foreign force controlled by foreigners and more simply a force controlled by foreigners. Dunmer Legionaries serving in Morrowind likely don't see themselves as oppressors but instead as peace keepers in a homeland known for civil strive.

They would not happily retreat to the Empire while their home burns. Without knowing how long tours-of-duty are for the average Imperial soldier it is possible that even the other soldier will feel as if Morrowind is more a home, especially with the developing Imperial culture in Morrowind with charter settlements such as Caldera, Pelagiad, and Sedya Neen. If the tours are very long, which is likely in a time when it is expensive and hard to move troops and equipment, than it is possible these Imperials will be foreigners even in the heart of the Empire. I am by no means suggesting that the Dunmer will accept these outlanders as their own, however to the expatriate Imperial this will be a more familiar welcoming, and they will be more willing to live with other expatriates like themselves(I have personal experience in this matter.

This non-violent solution leaves many possibilities open for the King, including trade with the Empire and the rest of Tamriel for those that follow similar paths that has so benefited Hlaalu and the rest of Morrowind so well. At a certain point the power and money gained by support from the Empire makes it able to become independent should they choose. Also Helseth would be greatly benefited by a arguably the best organized military force in Morrowind and possibly further, strategically fortified nearby important political/economic/religious locations, unanswerable to the traditional political forces in Morrowind and if he makes the right moves no one outside it either. Helseth might have trouble attempting a claim the Imperial throne assuming he'd want it, however it is not at all unreasonable for him to claim leadership of Imperial forces in Morrowind, which if I am not mistaken he already has at least some control over.

killing the guardians who I don’t think exist as such and taking the stones equate to breaking the towers not entirely sure what you mean by taking the stones either, considering they aren't all physical things that can be carried anyways, Oblivion invaded plenty of times while the towers stood. Not only that, but it continues to impact our world even after the door has supposedly been shut there is no absolute barrier or pact against the princes.