Thread: PC Frame rate problem in Alice: Madness Returns

PC Frame rate problem in Alice: Madness Returns

I am facing the frame rate issue in the Alice: madness returns. It’s just unplayable so please someone help me so that I can play the game with ease. I am having good PC configuration and many heavy games can be played easily on the PC but I have got problem with Alice. It is capped at 30, so how can I change this. While playing this game my frame rate goes to 10. Is this the issue with the graphic card or so?

Re: PC Frame rate problem in Alice: Madness Returns

You must be having the ATI card and that may be causing the problem. You need to do certain changes and the problem would be solved. Open the AliceEngine in to the notepad and change the MaxFrameRate and make it as much as you want and make all the PhysX values to "False” because the ATI cards do not have mechanism to work with the PhysX. Do this and the problem would be solved.

Wow I also had the same problem regarding this game and I was also not able to enjoy it at its best so I just was surfing through for the problem and I landed here. For users information I have ATI Radeon 6970 2GB RAM. And I am going to try this solution once I go back to home. Hope this works because as suggested in previous post that ATI does not work properly with PhysX. I think my problem has been solved thank you all. But where will I find AliceEngine file?

Yes nice solution to this post as many of them would be facing the same problem and have got stuck here itself. But I would say that you have done a nice job of posting this thread because I was planning to start the same to help out the people who are encountering the problem. Thank you very much and to answer the previous post I would say you will find the file in \Documents\My Games\Alice Madness Returns\AliceGame\Config\AliceEngine. Ini

On behalf of all I would like to say thanks to you for giving the location of the file. I imagine it’s heartbreaking how Port like the game experience, I mean max 30 fps? That’s console garbage. fortunately these things can get altered and it doesn’t brunt that much on this being a great game but I hope the fact they didn’t put a good deal worry into the PC Version doesn’t signify they don’t plan to hold it with new DLC.

You can also just do a simple thing such as going to the start menu and search and type in AliceEngine and you would be taken to the destination folder automatically. Yes I also researched the same i.e the ATI is the cause of the problem and this does not bother even if you have the 8GB of Ram and all that will not work. I have never imagined that it would be the compatible issue. Thanks guys.

Oh smash, that completely set it. The game appears stunning now and my frame rate is considerably superior. I can't even notify that the PhysX is rotten. BTW I just turned PhysX to "Low" by following the steps given in this thread. I did still set every occurrence (2) of MaxSmoothedFrameRate to 60 in the INI file and am pretty much satisfied with that. Thanks a oceans, the game appear breathtaking now and plays silky.