Thread: Does life span in The elder Scrolls Racial?

Does life span in The elder Scrolls Racial?

I do not understand how long each race lives. I assume that Redguards, Imperials and Nords live a normal human lifespan but what of the beast races and elves? Can every race extend their lifespan with magic? Do Bretons live longer than other humans because of their heritage? I cannot conclude that Bretons have a long lifespan; on the contrary, they have a short lifespan as Men go, and they are known neither for living long nor being hearty in old age.

Re: Does life span in The elder Scrolls Racial?

Elves are long lived, the Altmer on the Summersets likely more so than others, thanks to their relative seclusion and selective breeding. Elves, beasts and men can alter their ages through necromancy or esoteric pacts with Daedra, alchemy, or maybe by intensive magicka use. This area pretty much follows the lore you would expect to find in other fantasy settings. Divath Fyr is supposedly the longest lived elf on Tamriel, over four thousand years old (Nirn is roughly 6000, by the timeline's reckoning. I remember reading the Bretons and Orcs are shorter lived than most races, but I could be wrong.

I actually find a lot of fault with the Tolkien-esque lifespans, elves living for 100's of years it's just unrealisitic" Yes, I know. Don't tell me there's magic, and lizard people, and elves to begin with. But they live in a world with gravity and geography etc etc it's meant to be based in reality. I would much prefer elves to live anyway from 100-150 years. And of course, they also wouldn't age as rapidly as humans, so even at 70 they might look idk, 45.

I'm fairly certain the rule of thumb is the human races live normal lives excluding the Breton, who would probably max their average somewhere between seventy to ninety. Orcs only live to fifty tops, and wood and dark elves usually go to about two hundred. The altmer would be somewhere over that, maybe as high as three hundred. And of course, any race can extend their lifespan with any number of different types of magic. And we never really found out if he was a chronomancer, as there is no real time magic in Tes.

According to The Real Barenziah, all elves of pure blood can live for up to a thousand years the key word being "can." Very few of them ever do. They usually succumb to violence, illness, or old age (as a result of a hard life, e.g. being a miner or peasant long before that. The reason Barenziah is so damn old and still looking young is that she's lived a privileged life, surrounded by good food, with a minimum of physical labor, and of course her blood is especially pure seeing as she's royalty.