Thread: Why Console is disabled in Duke Nukem Forever

Why Console is disabled in Duke Nukem Forever

Is it true that Gearbox disable the Console for whole game? Gearbox, you have immobilized the Console in the whole game? This means war! If they are immobilizing the console in the full release, does that mean there are no expectations for an editor? Why would they immobilize it? Anyone have any idea why gearbox does this step? Please some one provides me some solution for this. I truly want to know why come with this step?

Re: Why Console is disabled in Duke Nukem Forever

I am not going to acquire this game any longer if you don't patch the console back into the game. If you need an unclean corporatist approach of taking each single last one of the squeeze tools from us, then you can say goodbye to your fan group of people. You are not talking for me as PC gamer, so please alter that. May be patch this again in or just say bye to all of your pc fans which previously make out the console can be facilitated in the demo!

It does piss me off that they would go the further mile to take away a very helpful feature which was in the demo. I sort of figured this would occur; a lot of companies attempt to stop Modding so they can sell DLC. Later than playing the demo and seeing the console could be facilitated I had hope that we would get an upright Modding community in the whole game. Guess that won't be occurrence now. Memorize interviews with Randy where he said "we care for the Modding community"? What a crock.

If this is a PC game through and through like you have been stating all this time then freaking proves it. Present us that dev console. It's not a PC game lacking the capacity to MOD it. I am not acquiring one DLC pack and no other PC gamer in their correct mind should either. This is shocking. We have spent from 3DR promising us MOD tools for years at initiate to not even getting a dev console. And it doesn't prevent there. It looks that attempting to change any of the game configuration files is wiped clean upon game startup as the game compels the Steamworks cloud on (although it's supposed to be an alternative) and rearranges all the game files to their appropriate configurations.

Just seem at fallout 3 and new Vegas. Mod tools and console obtainable as I can remember, and I guess this sell many of their DLCS! Of you let mod tools; people will put up mods that based on DLC content, so that boosts DLC sales. If you don’t own all DLC of Fallout 3 Vegas, you are clever to play a few but not all obtainable community mods. Community mods do not reduce DLC sales! As well DLC got superior quality/fun aspect if done right. I as well would like to notice DNF to be a mod or community friendly game. A community is what builds a game well-built. If you have a big community for a game, the game will dig up well-known.

The game has been in the hands of Gearbox for may be 3 years. It’s all GBX mistake, don't pin this on 3DR for the console disappearance straight later than demo, are you kidding me. I am getting too old for these hopeless developers and their hopeless decision making, so very weary of this is it too much to pose for a decent PC FPS which presents mod support. Am I truly asking too much? I won't be getting my copy for one more 4 days. No editing will facilitate it. And steam does overwrite custom files.

I am certain it was either an oversight, or it's just not -log any longer. Log didn't present you the console, it gave you the DevLog. They aren't the similar thing, but they both just provide the access to console commands and c_vars. acquiring the console to work was as simple as fastening the key to the console through the log. I am certain the console isn't departed, but the log is. The demo did have a suitable ingame fall console, one time bound to key of your selection, not just the log.

That's in the demo files as well. But unluckily, the game defends itself from distorted game configuration files and rearranges them to normal while the game is initiated (in spite of whether the Steamworks Cloud alternative is on or off) really invalidating any attempts of customization of any type further than what the extremely limited game menu has to present. Seriously, is this intentional? Did you truly happen to think that giving us unconfirmed devoted servers would make up for it?