Thread: The elder Scrolls: Why is Cyrodiil no longer a jungle?

The elder Scrolls: Why is Cyrodiil no longer a jungle?

Hello friends I am playing this game from last few months now the thing here is that I want to know in the jungle map why I am unable to find the Cyrodii in the jungle. I would say it was updated more than retconed. Names were updated, the continent changed shapes a bit and some cities moved slightly a mainland Ebonheart still exists btw, but overall the base remains, especially in provinces on which we have no info.

Re: The elder Scrolls: Why is Cyrodiil no longer a jungle?

I favor an extreme climate change model that begins with the freezing of Atmora, continues with further cooling that drives humans toward the equator, breaking the backs of elvish empires, and ends with Cyrodil a temperate land. There are yet tropical areas further south; I imagine the actual equator runs between the southernmost reaches of Tamriel, or perhaps through the southernmost tip of Elswyr, and Pydonea. Maybe the hole made by Magnus is gradually shrinking, until one day it will close. Perhaps all the Mundus is doomed to die an icy death. Note that it wasn't the malevolent developers of Oblivion that introduced a temperate Cyrodil.

I am sure they would. Recall the Tribunal apotheosis. Some still remember when they weren't gods. Same thing with this I suppose. While this deals more with CHIM, i think you can still apply the same logic. You probably won’t hear anyone in TES IV mention it because of development reasons. It doesn't even give the illusion of widespread farming. Not even sustenance farming for that matter. Kitchen gardens maybe, but those gardens are a far out of the way if you want some fresh tomatoes. Why am I here? I promised myself not to argue this point any more. Oh well, nobody forgives me as much as I do.

Even if you want to weasel about the rainforests in Washington, everything that accompanied the word jungle was also jettisoned. I don't think so. And you don't even need to be subtropical a word used to describe current Blackwood btw, so no temperate rain forests, sorry to grow that stuff. Although I think Ted Peterson and MK wrote some things for "Oblivion", as freelancers. MK definitely did, for the Mythic Dawn writings and Mankar Camoran's speeches. Ted would have written the PGE 3rd and other in-game books.

MK and Tedders both wrote quite a bit for Oblivion, and Kurt and Gary Noonan were employed through Daggerfall and Morrowind, respectively. If anything, SI was the game that didn't involve any outside help, and SI managed to contradict established lore so a freaking god could have five seconds of vernacular, dull exposition. My realm expanded across Oblivion through the centuries. Hopefully it was just insane and hubristic rambling of how great he was. Oh, and I hope this whole SI thing was just the same thing done before with the two halves expecting different results.

This is my theory on why it does not appear to be a jungle in Oblivion: The Champion of Cyrodiil was tripping balls on moon sugar for the entire trip. Makes sense, doesn't it. If Beth ever wants to revisit Cyrodill in the future, they can just say that the environment never changed, but the Champion was just hallucinating. Or there can be another Dragon Break and this crap-Cyrodiil can get shunted off into a different time line, effectively sweeping it under the carpet and out of sight.