Thread: Unable to find the servers in Duke Nukem Forever

Unable to find the servers in Duke Nukem Forever

I have installed Duke Nukem Forever on the computer of mine. I am trying to play multiplayer mode of the game. Well I have noticed that there is no server available when I supposed to play the multiplayer mode of the game. Let me know if you are having the same problem like me. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to find the servers in Duke Nukem Forever

Well I have searched on the Google to get the requirement of yours in this particular thread. I have noticed that there are lots of server however the Game browser is showing very few of them. Why because there are very few dedicated server is available. So that is the only reason why are we are getting very few servers online while playing this particular game Duke Nukem Forever in to the multiplayer mode.

I have seen many peoples who are hosting the games with the client and not using the dedicated sever since the same executable the game. you will have only one instance of the game running at a single time. The dedicated server is considering the counts the instance of the game with they share same exe in the game. I think you need to try and host the dedicated server with yourself. You will not be able to join and play the game with server since you will not be able to launch the same system as the server.

I don’t expecting that the DNF was ever meant to create a multiplayer game. I think it did not have to be the compatible with the Linux to be a real dedicated server. It also helps when there are some windows part in the game. the only fact is to tied directly with the client and Steam. Also I have noticed an issue while there are one or two servers are online in the games. So we need to take care that there should be number of servers are available in the game.

It could be possible that there are no servers are online while playing the game. if I am not wrong the back end team would work around on the server. I recommend that you need to wait for few hours and try to login on the servers in the game. you should do the above mentioned thing couple of times. I am hoping that the thing which I have mentioned over here should be useful to you.

The problem might be happening just because of the Firewall which you have installed on the computer of yours. I let you know that you should disable the firewall on the computer of yours and see whether the issue is persisting or not. If issue did not persist then you should configure the Firewall so that firewall could not block the connection. You should be very careful at time of the configuring the Firewall on the computer of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerona View Post
    I have installed Duke Nukem Forever on the computer of mine. I am trying to play multiplayer mode of the game. Well I have noticed that there is no server available when I supposed to play the multiplayer mode of the game. Let me know if you are having the same problem like me. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.
    They limit the servers to your country only.

The most servers I think are shown in the UK and US.

Go into your Steam Settings and click on the tab "Downloads + Cloud".

Change the download region to a country and place to match the location of the servers you want to see inside the DNF game browser.

Try and choose US - New York or UK - London.

Then restart Steam and the Duke Nukem forever game.

Go and refresh the server browser inside the game again.

So if I had chosen Australia, I noticed I didn't get any in the list :-o.

If I choose a USA destination in New York, it seems to work and filter some USA Servers.

Then I tried to set it inside Steam to UK London. Now I get all the UK London servers.

I also set to China and didn't see any game servers in the list inside the game when refreshing it.

If you live in Russia you might run into a problem where the region is locked and can't be changed.