Thread: Duke Nukem Forever black screen

Duke Nukem Forever black screen

Hello everyone I am having a black screen issue while playing the game and I need to fix it as soon as possible. I don’t know what is causing this kind of problem, can you all please suggest me some other solutions for the problem. Since I really have no idea what to do in this situation, I am a total newbie here and I expect some good suggestions from you all. so do reply as fast as possible ok. I am waiting for the response from your side.

Re: Duke Nukem Forever black screen

Might be the case of the applications conflict that is happening in your system, so it is always better to close all the applications that are running in the background and then go ahead with the game, this method will prove to be effective for you. Otherwise a complete un installation of the game and then again re installing the game will also be a effective option for you. If the above method does not work for you, so hope that was much enough for you.

See the black screen issues have something to do with the graphic card, there might be a possibility that the graphic card present there might have got corrupted and hence the better option for you is to switch to the new graphic card and that will solve the problem for you. so hope you are understanding what I am trying to say here. See the black screen issues are mainly related to the graphic card either the graphic card is corrupted or the graphic card needs to be upgraded, either of the two can be a possibility here.

Well let me inform you all that I have a good graphic card and also I did try closing all the applications as well while playing the game abut that also did not help me much. This is because the method that has been suggested here were not so appropriate for me. So suggest me something else that will help me in the process I am sure you will be able to do that and hence I am waiting for the suggestions from you all. the graphic card that I am having is the latest one from nvidia and I don’t think so it has got corrupted because other games like gta and mafia wars do run very well in it.

Ok then just for a change try uninstalling the graphics drivers that you are using correctly. No what you do is uninstall the version and install the previous version of the graphic card from the manufactures website and that will solve the issue for you. So hope you are getting the point that I am trying to make here. There is a possibility that the drivers can also be a issue in situations like these and believe me doing like that have helped many of them here. So do try that and let me know if that works or not.

I think so it is very necessary to verify the game and then have a check whether there is a presence of the corrupted files. So in order to verify the files you will have to go to the Steam game library and right click on it and then go to the Duke Nukem Forever, now go to the properties and select Local Files tab, there you need to check the integrity of the game and there you will get the necessary information accordingly.

Thanks for the two helpful solutions that you have given over here and hence I will make sure that I work on it. So thanks a lot for all the suggestions and the support that you have given to solve out the issue for me, so thanks a ton for the same. I will revert back to you as soon as possible if I am able to get the solutions then. Till then thanks a ton for the solutions that you ahve given.