Thread: Duke Nukem Forever asks for SID-files and gamedir is empty

Duke Nukem Forever asks for SID-files and gamedir is empty

This is the situation during the installation of the game. So what I am saying is that when I am trying to install the game and hence at one point it asks for the sid files and when I tried to look for the sid files in the game directory at that time I did not find anything there, so what should I do imagine me I am not having the sid file during the installation, so that’s what I am saying here, hope you have got the question that I am asking here. Please do reply something on it. I am waiting for the solution from you all.

Re: Duke Nukem Forever asks for SID-files and gamedir is empty

Might be some problem with the extraction of all the files so better be sure of that, now what I am saying is that if you are extracting the setup files with the simple windows extractor then my opinion is that you do not do that. See there are various cases where the extraction of the files with the simple windows extractor is not successfully. So you have to ensure that you do extract them with 7 zip only, that is the safest method to do and the most effective one to start with, so better start fresh with the suggestion that I have given here. I hope that was much beneficial for you.

Yes that can be the case, do look out for the same and after having extracted all the files just check out for the razor1911_installer.exe file and then run it. Once run it and then if it ask for the sid file and then check for that in the games folder and you will get it there itself, so hope that was appropriate information for you. do look out for the same and I think that was enough for you. so do carry out the procedure that I have explained it you here.

Uninstalling the game and reinstalling it again would certainly seem to be a better option for me in this situation, so better do try that first and that will be the effective solution for you. in case if you are not able to get the sid file then better get it from the torrent sites the games are readily available there so just download the set up file and hopefully you will get the necessary information there. Otherwise do have a direct chat with the manufactures about the problem they will surely give you some way out of the problem.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have given here, well I will definitely try with the fresh start and certainly hope that it will be most effective for me. thanks for the solutions that you have given here appreciate the efforts that you have taken to solve out the issue. Your solutions really help me a lot in solving the solution so thanks a lot again for all the help that you ahve given here.