Thread: Duke Nukem forever "App Error. Read file beyond EOF 0+4/0

Duke Nukem forever "App Error. Read file beyond EOF 0+4/0

I hope you all have read the title properly. So tell me what is the exact solution for the problem. Whenever I try to run the game it crashes and I get a
    ReadFile beyond EOF 0+4/0 for file C:\Program Files (x86)\2k Games\Borderlands\Binaries\..\WillowGame\CookedPC\ RefShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.upk
    So that’s something strange happening over here and in this situation I really need your help on these, so please suggest me something on this topic. I am really waiting for the suggestions from you all.

Re: Duke Nukem forever "App Error. Read file beyond EOF 0+4/0

Seems to me as a system problem well really very complicated if I get to handle such kind of problems. try updating all the drivers. Also reinstall physx so do try doing that. Well this kind of problems do appear to me as a kind of kernel problem for me so might be that can be the case. Update your system with the latest operating system and mostly switch for the windows 7 I think that’s better suitable for the game because I have been hearing issues with the windows xp. So better check out for that as well.

Ok thanks for suggesting me the solution. Well let me tell you that I am suing the windows 7 operating system only. I am very much concerned about my system so that’s why I update my drivers each and every time possible. So that’s what I make sure. I have the latest configuration that is required for the system, in short I have everything only the game is not working properly, suggest me some alternatives in the situation like these as it is really getting on my head. So do reply quick I am waiting for your response.

I can understand the situation in which you are in. so just relax just do one thing unsinstall the game and reinstall the game once again. See how it is working now. May be a some problem during the installation have given you such kind of issues so you must be aware of that. In order to avoid it you should better uninstall the game and then again re install the game again, that will be a much better option for you. let me know if that helps you in solving out the issue or not.

I am interested in knowing that are you using the D2D installer for installing the game, see if you are not using it then you are committing the biggest mistake of your life. If you are not using it then you must better start using it. That will be better for you. Also one more thing if you are using the normal windows extractor then let me tell you that it is not designed for the extraction of huge files so better switch for the 7 zip, that’s a much better option. So do check out this suggestion as well if you are looking at the above suggestions, so hope that was enough for you.

Hey that was quite good for me thanks for the necessary suggestions that you have given me on the problems I really like the efforts that you have taken over here to solve out the issue for me. so thanks again for the same. I will definitely make sure that I use the 7 zip extractor in future for the further use. So thanks a lot for all the solutions that you have given here really appreciate your efforts for the same here.