Thread: duke nukem forever crashes on level 2 as the elevator door opens

duke nukem forever crashes on level 2 as the elevator door opens

I am playing the newly released game from gearbox Software called Duke nukem forever. It is very nice action game. I am very big fan of Duke Nukem series. When I have installed Duke nukem forever at that time I was getting some problem but after that I have solved that problem by changing some setting. Now after doing that game was running fine. But I got the same problem again when I come on the level 2. Now whenever the elevator door opens in the game at that time game gets crashed. Now what should I do to solve this.

Re: duke nukem forever crashes on level 2 as the elevator door opens

As you have said in your post that you were getting this problem earlier also and you have solved that problem. According to me you have to first check that whether that setting is still the same or not. First of all go to the game setting and check all the setting is as you did earlier if it is not same then do the same setting again. Now after doing the same setting start playing the game again, I think after doing that you will not get any problem.

According to me you are facing this problem due to your resolution setting. If you want to solve this problem then you to change the resolution of the game and after changing that try to play the game again. I think changing the game resolution will fix this problem. You can change the game resolution by going in to the game setting and after that select the display setting. I hope this trick will fix the problem and then you will be able to play the Level 2. If you still get any problem after that then please let me know.

If you still getting the same problem after doing the all possible setting then you should first check that in other computers or laptop this problem is coming or not? if you have any laptop or any computer around you with the proper configuration according to game then Install this game in that computer or laptop. after copy your saved file in that system so you can directly play the game from level 2 and then check whether same problem is coming or not? if you get the same problem in that computer then I there might be something wrong with the game only.

I have tried to search the solution for this game and after searching that I have come to know that by reinstalling the game you can solve this problem. First of all uninstall the game completely from your computer but before doing that make sure that you do the backup of saved files of the game. If you lose the saved files of your game then you have to start the game from level 1 again. Now after that install the game again in your computer and also copy the saved folder in its original place. This trick will fix your issue.

I think you can solve this problem by updating the graphic driver or reinstalling the graphic driver. Sometimes this type of problem takes place due to graphic issue which results in game crashes. First try to update the graphic driver of your graphic card and after that check whether same problem is coming or not? if your graphic card is updated then try to solve the problem by reinstalling the graphic card driver. I think after doing that your game will start working normally.

As you have said in your post that by updating the graphic or reinstalling the graphic card, after reading that I have reinstalled the graphic card in my system but I still get the same problem. Now after doing that I have download the updated version of graphic card driver in my system and after that I have installed in my system. Now after installing it I restart the system and after that when I open the game from that time I am not getting any issue with game.