Thread: Duke Nukem Forever not responding

Duke Nukem Forever not responding

Hello everyone I have come here to seek some help from you all well I brought this game yesterday and I am not able to play the game correctly in it, it seems whenever I am trying to run this game in my system then it does not respond at all. So that’s what I am saying here hope you all are understanding what I am trying to say here. So guys I just want to know is it me only or someone else who is facing this problem please do let me know as soon as possible. I am waiting for the suggestions from you all. If you can please do give it to me then please do respond ok I am waiting for the suggestions from you all.

Re: Duke Nukem Forever not responding

Well there are some of the problems that has been noticed here especially with the 3D version of the game. So do follow the steps that I am asking you to do here so here goes the solutions for the problem.
    1) First of all go to the folder and try running the setup file of the game.
    2) Go to the sound setup and choose sound fx card.
    3) Now chose sound blaster, a screen will show up with the configuration so what it will do is that it will try and prompt you to look for the settings.
    4) Make sure that you have the following settings activated 8-bit DMA is [1], current 16-bit DMA is [5]. Your current interrupt should also be [5].
    So that’s what I am saying here hope you have got the necessary suggestion on the topic, so please do look out for the same here.

Yes you are bang on target let me tell you that you are absolutely correct about it and so what I am saying here is that I do have the same settings activated in it. Plus I have a sblive card still the game does not respond well. I understand what you are trying to say and I did have a look at the settings of the game and let me inform you that the settings that I found out is quite the same and I have thoroughly checked on the same. So is there any other way that I should try so that I can make the game look better and can play it accordingly. So that’s what I am saying here. Hope you have got the necessary information on the topic.

See there can be a case where your system is not having the enough configuration to support the game and hence that’s what the problem is I think. May be your graphic card does not support the game and there are various other factors that needs to be looked out. Since you have not specified anything on the configuration of the system, so it is very much difficult to say that whether your game will run perfectly well or not. So it would be great of you can give more information on the necessary specification of the system.

I would ask you to try with the different type of sound card in the system, so better look out for there and you will get the necessary information on the same so better look out for that ok. Look out for the necessary drivers for the graphic card and the sound card since if the game is in 3D then you must require the latest configuration and the latest drivers to work properly in it. So that’s what I am saying better update the configuration of the system and see if it works or not. So that’s what I am saying here, hope you have got the necessary option.

Thanks for the necessary information that you have given here. Yes probably you are right I will bump in to some good cards for my system and probably settle with the Radeon 5670, so that’s what I am saying here. Anyways thanks for the interesting suggestion that you have given here. Appreciate your efforts for the same here. Thanks a lot for all the efforts that you ahve given here and hence thanks a ton.