Thread: The elder Scrolls: Why did Dagon attack Kvatch

The elder Scrolls: Why did Dagon attack Kvatch

The first Oblivion gates open in Kvatch, where Martin lives. It's hard to believe it could be just a coincidence, and I assume the last of Uriel's heir was the target. But If the Daedra knew exactly who Martin was, why didn't they just sent Mythic Dawn Assassins after him? They have proved to be highly efficient. If they just knew that there is a Septim heir in Kvatch, how did they knew it ? The existence of Martin is supposed to be the well-kept secret in the empire.

Re: The elder Scrolls: Why did Dagon attack Kvatch

The Heart-King fathered Mankar Camoran on one of his Bosmer Concubines and she ran away from him. If Dagon was Haymon Camoran's Master then that ties up a lot of loose ends while still leaving the underlying strategy open to understanding. Frankly I do not believe that Mankar Camoran was personally so powerful, I believe that he employed his master's power to do what he was told, as did his father before him.

Also Redoran are almost at war with Hlaalu is it better for Dagon to have two Great Houses at loggerheads or Hlaalu triumphant and building closer ties to Cyrodiil? I'm not really convinced that this is political. If you look back at that story about the Jumping Demon King and the Greedy man then what Dagon is really annoying is destroy certain bits of and/or return them to wherever they came from - so I suspect that his 'targets' were those bits or connected to them. But in what way they have to be destroyed I'm not sure. Might as well ask what that story really means.

It's the seat of power for House Redoran. With Indoril weakened, Redoran's honorable Knights would prove the greatest challenge to Dagon's invasion of Morrowind. It's also one of the strongest Temple worshiping towns of Vvardenfell with the obvious exception of Vivec city itself, and the Ghostgate which was also attacked. Taking out not only weakens the morale of Morrowind by showing their gods no longer protect them, but it removes a large chunk of the elite warrior class of the Island.

well i think that he is a Daedra and can't be destroyed, he knows he'll get a second, third, fourth chance. Personally if I was Dagon I would've attacked Bravil because that place is a hole. Then I wouldv've claimed it as a "civil service" and gotten a ton of worshipers onto my "Oblivion Beautification" project. Oh hang on just remembered that Sithis'. Think I would pick a fight with Akatosh instead after all I guess you are getting my point here.

But interestingly enough they both had a go at Kvatch - and Martin was not alive in Haymon Camoran's time so we are left with the Temple of Akatosh as the likely candidate and not simply for spite. As has been said earlier, if you are worshipped you are a God but if your Temples are razed then people might not believe in you so strongly anymore and eventually they might cease to worship you entirely.