Thread: In The elder Scrolls : Morag tong

In The elder Scrolls : Morag tong

I don’t get how they choose their contracts. Certainly you can't just hire the Morag Tong to kill at random right? Don't like the temple healer, morag tong, that alchemist is too much competition and is bad for my business, Morag Tong, so and so is gossiping about me, MORAG TONG. What are their rules for execution? And does the victim know he has been targeted? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: In The elder Scrolls : Morag tong

I forgot most of what happened when I played, but I think pretty much anyone in MW is a target, but it needs to be 'honorable' or something. There is not much information given about the Tong that I can remember or find, other than they do 'honorable' assassination, and is the only way for houses to do house wars, without going into open war. However, it is quite expensive, very expensive. Also, if the person survives the execution, the person who hired a Tong member will have to pay for their services again, and it is probably going to be even more expensive.

I don't see how you forgot that people commission them to do the killings. Remember House Wars? I doubt they just do random killings, though they do some motivated by their own reasons. Balyn Omarel Morrowind actually does misspell it in game is an example. As stated they don’t do random killing, it probably costs a lot of money to put out a contract on someone and after that I'm sure the Morag Tong could choose to not complete the contract depending on who it is.

Basically, if Dunmer law allows for the death penalty, rather than bringing the marked person in and executing sentence at a central location, instead Morag Tong operatives execute sentence wherever the target is found. The Morag Tong are mobile executioners. Included under Dunmer law is the notion of House Wars whereby ranking nobles are permitted to kill other ranking nobles, or to hire the Morag Tong to do it for them.

Well, I would imagine the decision to refuse to kill would be at the point of negotiation, not after a contract is accepted. I just did a search over on the Imperial Library, and found the following excerpt attributed to Morrowind savants. So the Morag Tong is hired to assassinate people in the House Wars, but what’s the deal with the honorable execution Is it a guillotine type public extravaganza or is it another type of the sneaky knife in the back murder.

I am under the assumption that the Morag Tong fully investigates the circumstances surrounding the crime before assigning the writ to the target. As for assassins versus executioners, I see them as the latter - one wouldn't simply go up to them, hand them a few thousand drakes, and send them off to kill somebody. They probably are consulted by the government after a case has been investigated, so in many ways you can think of them as the people who run the lethal injections and guillotine.

If an Imperial commits a capital crime against Dunmer, I imagine using the Tong would still be legitimate. Even more so with Ashlanders the one Ashlander target I recall was some sort of an outlaw. You may be referring to the Larrius Varro writ, which could be a stretch of the house war concept, with the common Tong sanctioning the writ or perhaps it could be one of those legendary Gray Writs. I hope that this will definitely help you to solve the issue.