Thread: The elder Scrolls: why players usually hate Mer?

The elder Scrolls: why players usually hate Mer?

I have started to notice that everyone seems to hate the Mer . Why is this? I can understand hating the Bosmer, I hate them too and I sort of understand the hatred of the Altmer, but why do people hate the Dunmer that are not from Oblivion? Could someone please explain and why is it that ALL of the Dunmer are hated? I mean, Morgiah is a great character that people hate simply for being a Mer. I sthere is anyone who will let me know Why is this?

Re: The elder Scrolls: why players usually hate Mer?

In the games, probably because many of them are scheming, cruel, ambitious, and thoroughly convinced of their own superiority. The Ayleids enslaved the people of Cyrodiil in ancient times, and were overthrown in violent revolt. The Altmer lead an alliance that opposed to rising empire of Tiber Septim. The Dunmer heralded the collapse of the ancient Nordic empire. The Khajiit and Bosmer have been fighting off and on for who knows how long. There's a lot of historical enmity between the Mer and most other races.

I haven’t seen everyone hating all elves part of it is just gameplay mechanics its easier to set up dialog on a racial basis than it is to account for each NPC individually. Some races just have a bad history with elves the nords fought them for hundreds of years and the imperials were in slaveds by them. so even if the person never directly suffered at the hands of the elves the racial tension remains I'm talking about the players. It never made sense as to why so many hate the Mer so much. I don't have a problem with it. I was just wondering since it made no since to me.

The Imperials fit each of those descriptions, they just don't do it officially. Look at the popularity of the Biography of Barenziah books and anything written by Alessia Ottus and compare it to other, less biased accounts. Sometimes the Imperials do it officially, and when they do they are almost always more violent than the Dunmer. The Dunmer just let outlanders walk around in separate areas, the Imperials throw them out with brute force. Speaking to an Imperial resident of Leyawiin will show you that, and then to the countess.

Like the Imperials aren't heavily biased and racist? Have you read any books by Alessia Otis since she has to be the most biased, racist, character I have ever me and don't get me started on the Countess of Leyawiin and Valen Dreth hates everyone, even Dunmer. The truth is, all of the races have racists so don't single out the elves specifically and besides, Morgiah is not racist. Oh and have you met the Argonian that has the joke about Khajiits in Leyawiin.

Two of those groups are illegal, and the Ashlanders are a lot less of a threat to non-Dunmer than the Countess of Leyawiin is to non-Imperials. And the Ministry of Truth is essentially just another prison; it's only people who commit crimes or speak out against the Tribunal that go there. That has nothing to do with not being allowed to follow your own religion. I despise most of the Human races. At least the other races have, you know, an interesting background. The one good thing the Redguards had destroys everything, and is no longer allowed to be taught and was lost to time.

I would probably like them less in person bad attitudes. But I love playing as them of course, this could be because, as of yet, it’s as close as I can get to playing what I really want to RP as Valkynaz or male Aureal. I suppose it’s all in where your interests lie. And to be fair, the people who post here are, by and large, serious Elder Scrolls players, and being at most a few thousand strong, if that, only represent a very small percentage of the million plus gamers in the series. So it may be that most people don't hate the Elves Mer just a lot of the people who post here.