Thread: The Elder Scrolls: What is Sheogorath?

The Elder Scrolls: What is Sheogorath?

Well If you think about it argonians could actually look like a dragon folk. I mean, they have a red black or green scale skin and lizzard like eyes like dragons. We do know that the argonians can change shape and the lore in TES universe tells us that the dragons can take human shape so maybe argonians are descended from dragons and are in human shape to hide their existence. I hope that it will definitely help you u to solve you the issue.

Re: The Elder Scrolls: What is Sheogorath?

Entirely possible, but highly unlikely. If they were, then they would be the heavily evolved version of an offshoot of dragons that moved into the Black Marsh and stopped flying, producing smaller and smaller offspring, lost the ability to spew fire, etc. Dragons supposedly died out after being forced out of Vvardenfell by cliffracers, moving into Cyrodiil until they somehow became extinct. However, I find Argonians to be more like crocodiles, myself. I like how M'aiq says it Oh, they're everywhere! You must fly very high to see most of them, though. The ones nearer the ground are very hard to see, being invisible.

So in conclusion, it can be argued that Argonians and dragons do, in fact, share a common ancestry, or kinship if you will. Species have scales, they have claws and spines, they have tails, they reproduce by laying eggs, and in many respects they look very similar. It would be a stretch to argue that they aren't related, given all the similarities. In this case, the real question is how far back in the history of Nirn the two races started to diverge.

The first excerpt, in particular, explicitly states that the lore indicating Argonians were created from or by the Hist is erroneous; this is backed up by an official statement from Mark Nelson. Many posters in this thread seem to believe that the Argonians are "tree people" or were created by the Hist, but according to the article, such beliefs are based on faulty lore written by people who didn't know Elder Scrolls lore all that well. As for the fact that Nirn is an "intelligent design" sort of setting, well, I already acknowledged that in my post.

This is true, but then anyone can write anything on forums, too. There's a lot of speculation in this thread. The Wiki does quote sources, most of which can be cross-checked. I think I'll do that, and also look for the statement by Mark Nelson. Regardless, I tend to disagree with anyone who thinks that the Argonians are related to the Hist, are a species of Hit, or that they were created by the Hist. They're clearly lizard-like creatures, not trees. It's more probable that lore has been misinterpreted over the years. Common belief among lore enthusiasts do not a fact creates.