Thread: The Elder scrolls: What is the current situation of Morrowinds

The Elder scrolls: What is the current situation of Morrowinds

After playing oblivion, you find out by listening to a conversation that Morrowind is troubled and the nerevarine has headed north. I'm very puzzled because I don't really understand what has happened to the province. Has it been many years since the elderscrolls 3, or is oblivion set straight after the events of elder scrolls could someone, also, please explain the tribunal's position of power, now that we know so the sil and amalexia are dead. So is there anyone who is having the latest updates regarding the game.

Re: The Elder scrolls: What is the current situation of Morrowinds

Morrowind takes place in 3E 426, Oblivion in 3E 433. The Tribunal is no longer in power, with two pillars dead & Vivec disappearing apparently. So I would say power shifted to King Helseth completely. House Indoril is ruined although this seems more politically than militarily and House Hlaalu and House Dres have formed an alliance. Since they both have practices that come from opposite ends of the Dunmer timeline, though, I doubt that will last long, especially now King Helseth has banned slavery.

A war waged by the Prince of Destruction needs no other reason but to destroy anything and everything. We cannot superimpose a need for strategic importance upon Dagon's decision to march across the land, for to do otherwise would be to forget that the Daedra do not think as we do. Additionally, Dagon hates Morrowind, for the Dunmer, through its Tribunal Temple, branded him a Bad Daedra and made worshiping him punishable by death. And considering that out of the three Great Houses on Vvardenfell, Redoran was the Temple's biggest supporter and defender, one can see why Dagon chose to attack its capital first.

Maybe curiosity a better question is why didn't more people in Tamriel travel to Akavir as explorers? We don't know if Akavir is a stable empire or a bunch of warring kingdoms. In real life, there would be missionaries, merchants, and explorers travelling there to find out. Since the Nerevarine is free of the strings that bound him or her serving the Empire, Azura, the people of Vvardenfell, Almalexia, and Helseth at various times, he or she is now free to travel and explore. At least, that was my interpretation.

Well according to me the funny part is how the Dres economic stability is based on slavery. No sane nobility wound enter an alliance that cripples them economically. If that was what Helseth has to offer the Dres: poverty and Argonian intermarriage, then this farcical alliance should've turned against Helseth. The Dres could claim Helseth is violating the Armistice Treaty signed between the Empire and Morrowind or the Dres should be up in arms with the Indoril against Helseth. Nothing is so detrimental to a young monarchy than tearing apart the social and cultural fabric of their society.