Thread: No add-on in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

No add-on in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

I understand all the reason why you don't want to do it because you see it will be difficult but I don't care how long it’s going to take and you can make it cost a lot more than most dlc's if you want but I want you to make it obsidian and Bethesda I have faith that you will be persuading them to do so because you know that you guys will make a lot of money off this dlc. Because I feel that almost everyone that loves this game will buy it. So why don't you guys make it and why do you keep denying you’re going to make it because if you don't a lot of fallout fans will be on you about this so at least try.

Re: No add-on in Fallout: New Vegas DLC

Yes the there are a lot of alternate endings but come on man. You can’t definitively tell who won the battle because you got to choose who won the battle; the Mojave would have to change to whoever won that battle. It would take maybe a year or two before it’s finished. That’s what a sequel is for .And if they release a broken steel style dlc there will be mass rage and every one will face palm simultaneously and knock the earth of its axis and we'll have to fly to mars were there will be a mass war over the chosen few who gets to live there causing us to blow up the entire human race and it will be your fault.

Clearly you don't understand, and many of the Fallout fans are happy with the way the game ends. Are you upset you can't keep Lanius' sword and helmet? Because really those 2 items are no reason to continue after the main story. Are upset that when you pull up your pip boy the final quest is left unfinished? Because that is not a legitimate reason to want to continue after the main quest. Have you ever seen the list of all the possible endings for this game? The amount of endings is insane, and it's been stated ad nauseam, that continuing after the main quest would call for a massive shake up of the entire map and NPC's, to reflect which faction you supported.

You know, I too had thought that a "Broken Steelesque" DLC would have been good for NV. But, now, not so much. I have come to the realization that with FO3 that I was guilty of "running" through the MQ and being disappointed with not having the ability to do all the other stuff after. Through my decisions, I screwed myself. So, with NV I've done the opposite and have done all the cool stuff beforehand. I am at a standstill on my first play through and am level 29 I've done almost nothing with the MQ.

It’s called a story. It ended. Get over it. You can't continue playing BioShock after it is done. It’s called a story, BAM it’s over. This allows for them to maybe even work the Courier into fiction in later installments of the game. It’s not that big of a deal. Just save before the final battle and wander the Mojave. It would be no different than if they had added end game content, except there won’t be extra missions. Get over it.

Why was the FO3- BS dlc so well received then? Just because the ending of FO3 was "sub par”? What was there to do after the FO3 ending, besides the new quests from the BS dlc? I would have liked a continuation DLC for NV, but it’s not that big of a deal. It seems like it would have been difficult and time consuming for Bethesda to update the entire map/NPC to reflect your choice considering the massive amount of endings.

There are too many things that happen to the Mojave based on the multiple endings, changes that happen right away. So much work would have to be done to make a new Mojave for each outcome to every of the main endings and include every faction and character change possible. Way to much work, far too many variables. Even if they did all that work, anything in the DLC would cancel out the endings. The other way to do it would be to take away the endings which would make the entire game pointless and ruin the game.

You're talking about an ending where you can have a radiation immune companion with you who'll give an asinine reason as to why you or Sarah Lyons have to die because they just don't want to enter the Project Purity chamber for a minute and press a couple of buttons. Saying that Fallout 3's ending was sub-par is giving it too much credit. Most people didn't seem to care that Fallout 3 ended, others liked that it ended. I myself didn't care, if there weren't radiation immune companions like Charon and Fawkes I would have liked the ending.